Tampa Bay Rays third baseman Evan Longoria autographs a bat at the 2011 Fan Fest Feb. 19 at Tropicana Field.
Sun Sports/FOX Sports Florida will produce and air live television coverage of five Tampa Bay Rays spring training games from Port Charlotte this season – representing the most Rays spring game telecasts in franchise history.
The schedule is:
• Thursday, March 10, 1 p.m., Boston Red Sox at Tampa Bay Rays, Sun Sports.
• Tuesday, March 15, 1 p.m., Florida Marlins at Tampa Bay Rays, Sun Sports.
• Friday, March 18, 7 p.m., Boston Red Sox at Tampa Bay Rays, FS Florida.
• Monday, March 21, 7 p.m., New York Yankees at Tampa Bay Rays, FS Florida.
• Wednesday, March 23, 1 p.m., Philadelphia Phillies at Tampa Bay Rays Sun Sports.
The March 15 game vs. the Florida Marlins will air statewide on Sun Sports but will be a shared production featuring both Rays and Marlins TV announcers.
FOX Sports Florida’s Marlins play-by-play announcer Rich Waltz will be partnered with Sun Sports’ Rays analyst Brian Anderson, with FOX Sports Florida’s Frank Forte reporting from the Marlins’ dugout and Sun Sports’ Todd Kalas from the Rays.
The Rays begin the regular season at Tropicana Field on Friday, April 1, against the Baltimore Orioles at 7:10 p.m.