Bundle Internet, Cable & Phone - WOW!
Tampa Bay Newspapers
9911 Seminole Blvd.,
Seminole, FL 33772
Phone: (727) 397-5563
Fax: (727) 397-5900
Submit News
  
 Search
  9911 Seminole Blvd. Seminole, FL 33772       Ph. 727-397-5563   View TBN's FREE e-Edition today!  
Click here to learn more
Front Page
Tropical depression 2 may be short-lived
Article published on
  Print E-Mail
 
[Image]
Map courtesy NOAA
The second tropical depression of the 2014 Atlantic hurricane season formed Monday evening about 1,205 miles east of the Lesser Antilles.
Another sign that hurricane season is ongoing – the second tropical depression of the 2014 Atlantic hurricane season formed Monday evening about 1,205 miles east of the Lesser Antilles.

Maximum sustained winds were 35 mph. The depression is not expected to increase in strength before dissipating and becoming a remnant low by Thursday. Maximum sustained winds must reach 39 mph for a depression to be upgraded to a tropical storm.

Depression 2 was moving to the west at about 16 mph.

Hurricane Arthur was the first hurricane of the season. It traveled up the U.S. east coast over the Independence Day weekend and made landfall on the Outer Banks of North Carolina July 4 as a Category 2 hurricane with wind gusts of more than 100 mph.

Hurricane season began June 1 and continues through Nov. 30.

Season outlook

Experts with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s Climate Prediction Center releases an outlook May 22 predicting that this season would have near-normal or below-normal activity. The outlook gives a 50 percent chance of a below-normal season, a 40 percent chance of a near-normal season and a 10 percent chance of an above-normal season.

The outlook also calls for a 70 percent chance that eight to 13 names storms will form with three to six strengthening into a hurricane and one to two becoming major hurricanes. The average, from 1981 to 2010, is 12 named storms, six hurricanes and three major hurricanes.

For more information about hurricanes and how to prepare, visit the TBNWeekly.com’s online hurricane guide.
Article published on
Copyright © Tampa Bay Newspapers: All rights reserved.
Printable Version E-mail article
NuSmile
Featured Print Advertisers
NuSmile Dental
13611 Park Blvd., Suite G
Seminole
(727) 475-7866

Web site        View Ad
:)
Custom Couture of Clearwater
(727) 735-8407
By appointment please.

Web site        View Ad
:)
Abbey Carpet & Floor of Largo
13120 66th St. N.
Largo
(727) 524-1445

Web site        View Ad
:)
Florida Center for Back & Neck Pain
Dr. Greg Hollstrom
11444 Seminole Blvd.
Largo
(727) 393-6100

Web site        View Ad
:)
Flooring America of Seminole
9012 Seminole Blvd.
Seminole
(727) 397-5509

Web site        View Ad
:)
Oakhurst & East Bay Medical
13020 Park Blvd., Seminole
(727) 393-3404
3800 East Bay Dr., Largo
(727) 539-0505

Web site        View Ad
:)
Tampa Bay Newspapers
Online Advertising
For information, e-mail
webmaster@tbnweekly.com
:)
Online Services Directory
MEDICAL DIRECTORY   ONLINE DINING GUIDE
MEDICAL DIRECTORY ONLINE DINING GUIDE
AUTOMOTIVE GUIDE REAL ESTATE GUIDE
AUTOMOTIVE GUIDE REAL ESTATE GUIDE
Community Focus Online
Tampa Bay Newspapers
9911 Seminole Blvd.,
Seminole, FL 33772
Phone: (727) 397-5563
Fax: (727) 397-5900
Submit News