The Susan G. Komen 3-Day is coming to Pinellas County on Friday, Oct. 26 to Sunday, Oct. 28.
Tampa Bay residents are encouraged to visit designated sites to cheer on 3-Day participants as they raise awareness and funds to fight breast cancer. These individuals spend months training for the event’s physical demands and fundraising of at least $2,300 to help fund breast cancer research, scientific programs and community-based breast health and education programs. All of the participants’ dedication and preparation culminates by walking 60 miles over the three days.
“The Komen 3-Day participants invest a lot of time and energy into their three-day, 60-mile journey,” said Sheri Phillips, national spokeswoman for the event. “We often hear from participants how grateful they are for the community support they receive while on event, and what a difference it makes.”
The schedule for the 3-Day is as follows:
Friday, Oct. 26
• Opening ceremony – 7:30 a.m. at Sand Key Park, 1060 Gulf Blvd., Clearwater
• Public cheering station – 12:30 to 3:30 p.m. at Publix, 13031 Walsingham Road, Largo
• Public cheering station – 12:30 to 5:45 p.m. at Tiki Gardens Indian Shores access, 19601 Gulf Blvd., Indian Shores.
Saturday, Oct. 27
• Public cheering station – 8:40 to 10:15 a.m. at Seminole United Methodist Church, 5400 Seminole Blvd., Seminole.
• Public cheering station – 11:10 a.m. to 3:45 p.m. at John’s Pass along Gulf Boulevard, 591 Tom Stuart Causeway, Madeira Beach.
Sunday, Oct. 28
• Public cheering station – 9:35 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. at Woodlawn Park, 1650 16th St. N., St. Petersburg
• Closing ceremony – 5 p.m. at Spa Beach Park, 615 Second Ave. NE, St. Petersburg.