CLEARWATER - West Coast Players is again pleased to extend an invitation to novice, emerging or accomplished playwrights to submit one-act plays to be performed in the fourt annual One Act Festival. The dates of the Festival have not yet been determined, but will probably be the last weekend in June or the first weekend in July, 2013.
Although the actual dates are not as yet confirmed, WCP is encouraging writers to submit plays now, using the following criteria:
• One act play to be performed in 15 minutes or less.
• Original plays only, no adaptations
• Not previously staged in the Tampa Bay area (within 75 miles)
• Require minimal staging, set, props, costumes, tech support, etc. Please, no large casts; prefer six characters or less.
• Blatant adult themes and/or language are only acceptable if the play reading committee considers it is vital to the plot.
• A $5 entry fee, per play, must be submitted along with the script.
A playwright may submit up to three scripts for consideration. The majority of the collected funds are awarded to the three playwrights whose scripts are voted as favorites by the attending audiences. The play reading committee will select eight to 10 plays to be performed. To be considered for production, plays must be received by the producer not later than March 31, 2013.
Please submit scripts to West Coast Players, P.O. Box 5022, Clearwater FL 33758-5022, ATTN: One-Act Play Producer.
Please include complete street address, telephone number and email address. Submitters will be notified of the selection process, by email only, within two weeks after the deadline.