Counting Crows play the Straz Center for the Performing Arts June 11.
Tampa Bay area venues welcome a diverse selection of musical artists in the coming weeks.
This summer, classic music fans are rejoicing as the renowned Happy Together Tour 2014 comes to their city. The 30th anniversary of the tour that celebrates the biggest hits of the ’60s and ’70s will kick off June 7 at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Biloxi, Mississippi.
The tour hits the Tampa Bay area on June 13 with a show at Ruth Eckerd Hall, 1111 McMullen Booth Road, Clearwater. Tickets start at $40. Call 791-7400 or visit www.rutheckerdhall.com.
Every night, listeners will hear their favorite songs from The Turtles Featuring Flo & Eddie, Chuck Negron formerly of Three Dog Night, Mark Farner formerly of Grand Funk Railroad, Gary Lewis & The Playboys and Mitch Ryder & The Detroit Wheels. The performers will play numerous hits including “We’re An American Band,” “Some Kind of Wonderful,” “Devil With A Blue Dress,” “Good Golly Miss Molly,” “Mama Told Me Not To Come,” “Joy To The World,” “This Diamond Ring” and “Happy Together.”
During the show, the multi–media highlights during each of the performances will reference the time period of the music. Listeners can truly feel and see the soundtrack of their youth during a Happy Together show as they are transported back in time.
The Summerland Tour 2014 comes to Tampa Bay Saturday, June 14, at Vinoy Park, 701 Bayshore Drive NE, St. Petersburg. Doors will open at 2 p.m. General admission is free. VIP tickets also are available for $29.75. Visit www.summerlandtour.net. The musical lineup includes Everclear, Soul Asylum, Eve 6 and Spacehog.
Following is a list of other music scene events in the coming weeks
• Keb Mo, Thursday, June 5, 7:30 p.m. • Ottmar Liebert and Luna Negra, Saturday, June 14, 8 p.m. • Andy Grammer, Friday, June 20, 8 p.m. • Classic Albums Live: Van Halen, Saturday, June 21, 7:30 p.m.
Capitol Theatre is at 405 Cleveland St., Clearwater. Call 791-7400 or visit www.atthecap.com.
Hard Rock Café Tampa
• Leann Rimes, Friday, June 6, 9 p.m.
Hard Rock Café Tampa is at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, 5223 N. Orient Road, Tampa. Call 813-627-6649 or visit www.seminolehardrocktampa.com.
• Rebelution, Wednesday and Thursday, June 25-26, 5:30 p.m.
Jannus Live is at 16 Second St. N., St. Petersburg. Call 565-0550 or visit www.jannuslive.com.
The Local 662
• The Murder Junkies, Friday, June 13, 7 p.m. • JT Money and Strizzo, Friday, June 20, 9 p.m.
The Local 662 is at 662 Central Ave., St. Petersburg. Call 258-4829.
Mid Florida Credit Union Amphitheatre
• Goo Goo Dolls and Daughtry, Friday, June 20, 6:45 p.m.
The Amphitheatre is at the Florida State Fairgrounds, 4802 U.S. 301 N., Tampa. Call 813-740-2446 or visit www.livenation.com.
The Palladium at St. Petersburg College
• Lorri Hafer, Tuesday, June 17, 7:30 p.m.
The Palladium at St. Petersburg College is at 253 Fifth Ave. N., St. Petersburg. Call 822-3590 or visit www.mypalladium.org.
The Ritz Ybor
• Cut Copy, Tuesday, June 17, 9 p.m. • Say Anything, Wednesday, June 18, 6:30 p.m. • Phantogram, Sunday, June 29, 8 p.m.
The Ritz Ybor is at 1503 E. Seventh Ave., Tampa. Call 813-247-2518.
Ruth Eckerd Hall
• Boston, Friday, June 6, 8 p.m. • Happy Together Tour, Friday, June 13, 7:30 p.m. • Dave Koz Summer Horns, Friday, June 27, 8 p.m.