Sympathy for the Devil - Mick Jagger turns 70: WMNF’s Tribute to The Rolling Stones and Exile On Main Street takes place on two nights on two stages on two towns with 20 bands and performers gathering to play music of the Rolling Stones.
Each night starts off with three hours of Rolling Stones songs interpreted by bands in a variety of styles from Country to Rock and Funk to Blues. Then there will be a re-creation of what most critics believe to be the Rolling Stones’ best album ever—Exile On Main Street.
Talk to Mark will perform all four sides of Exile on Main Street in order and in their entirety. It’s something that has never been attempted before — not even by the Rolling Stones themselves.
Plus there will be a Mick Jagger lip sync impersonation contest each night.
The State Theatre in St. Petersburg hosts the party on July 26 and the festivities move to Skipper’s Smokehouse on July 27th. Doors open at 6 p.m. Music goes from 7 to 11:30. Either night only $12 in advance, or $15 at the door. Call 813-238-8001 or buy online at wmnf.org.
The lineup at the State Theatre, 687 Central Ave. St Petersburg, includes:
• Brand New Opiates - Swampy Blues
• Garbage-Men Band – 60’s Rock
• Joel Tatangelo Band – Rock ‘n’ Soul
• Natural Robots – Indi Pop
• Shoeless Soul—jazzy-reggae-pop
• Skully – Alternative Rock
• Stone Bone – Hard Rock
• Talk to Mark - Rock
• Vodkanauts – Power Lounge
The lineup at Skipper's Smokehouse, 910 Skipper Road, Tampa, includes:
• Acme Jazz Garage – Jazz/Blues/Funk
• Four Star Riot - Rock
• Jillian Stein – Singer/Songwriter
• Phil and the Blanks – Folk/Rock
• Ricky Wilcox and The Moonsnakes – Power Pop/Rock
•Sara Rose Band – Classic country & hillbilly boogie