CLEARWATER – The New Hope for Hero’s Mega-Concert Series will kick off Thursday, Aug. 21, 7:30 p.m., at the Capitol Theatre with a special tribute show for local veterans, their families and all those who have given their lives for our country.
Live at the Capitol Theatre, the inspiring evening of appreciation and remembrance will offer local veterans of all wars the grateful thanks of the Clearwater community. The public is invited to attend, so hundreds of $25 general admission tickets are available to the general public, 100 percent free at the campaign website. Visit www.NewHopeCampaign.org. Tickets also are available by calling the campaign services hotline at 231-4887. Reserved VIP and executive balcony box tickets also are available.
The Capitol Theatre is at 405 Cleveland St.
The show will feature a live performance of the world-music show Trans-Formation with special video segments, featuring clips of Tony Award-winner Joe Mantegna, Emmy Award-winner Gary Sinise, acclaimed actors, like Tom Hanks and other Academy Award winning artists who have dedicated themselves to veterans’ causes and supporting our troops in active service. During the show video, segments also will include an all-star lineup including Colin L. Powell, two-time Academy and Emmy Award-winning actress Dianne Wiest and many more familiar names and faces. The concert will be hosted live by Florida’s own creator of Trans-Formation, E. Laurence Bake, with special guest appearances by local singing sensations Nancy Burridge and Emily Cutting.
Also to be seen in various video segments at the Capitol Theatre performance are the U.S Joint Chiefs of Staff with the Armed Forces Color Guard and Service Color Teams provided by the Military District of Washington, D.C.
Adding special video segments to the live musical performances scheduled for the Aug. 21 show was inspired by and derived from the multi award-winning program that aired in May, on PBS, before a concert audience of hundreds of thousands and seen by troops serving around the world on the American Forces Network.
“It’s a truly American, community event and all are welcome so long as the tickets last,” said Ann Anderson in a press release. Anderson is the campaign executive director.
“It’s an appreciation party, celebration, a mega-music concert presentation where our local veterans and their families are able to experience this moving tribute to their service and sacrifices in far away lands,” said Captain Val LaFrance of Tarpon Springs. “It’s a time for us as Pinellas residents to gather together and have our voices of thanks and appreciation heard by the sons and daughters, mothers and fathers from Pinellas who paid so dearly to keep us all safe here at home. That’s why the $25 general seating tickets are available free online right now.”
The concert will feature the following segments:
• The program will recognize our service men and women with a special “Welcome Home” to thank veterans who served in Afghanistan, including a musical salute featuring one of Tampa Bay’s most beautiful operatic voices, Nancy Burridge.
• A story about a critically wounded veteran suffering from severe physical injuries and the grave invisible wounds of war.
• The story of a mother coping with grief after the death of her son, the first to die in Afghanistan. His service inspired her to become actively involved with Gold Star Mothers. Now she is helping other mothers with their loss, grief and healing as they move forward with their lives – featuring an emotionally driven performance by Orlando songstress Emily Cutting.
• The 70th anniversary of the D-Day invasion of the Normandy beaches of France will be commemorated, a seminal moment that turned the tides of war in favor of the Allies. World War II veterans who participated in the D-Day invasion will be honored and featured in this tribute to the sacrifices of our nation’s greatest generation.
• The New Hope Concert ends with an all out world-music performance by E. Laurence Bake and the cast of Trans-Formation.
About The New Hope Campaign USA
The Pinellas County based New Hope for Heroes Campaign USA provides community-oriented, world-class music and entertainment concerts with inspirational and motivational elements for U.S. veterans and their families, “creatively offsetting the life-destroying effects of war.”
The aim of the New Hope for Heroes Concert Series is to travel thought Florida, inspiring local communities to come together in the spirit of thanks and appreciation to help veterans to gain a whole new sense of hope for a happier, healthier life.