Boyz II Men perform Oct. 4 at the Mahaffey Theater in St. Petersburg.
As autumn arrives in the Tampa Bay area, the cooler weather means outdoor music events will become more numerous in the coming weeks.
One of Pinellas County’s signature music events is just around the corner: This year’s Clearwater Jazz Holiday runs Thursday through Sunday, Oct. 18-21, at Coachman Park on the waterfront in downtown Clearwater.
The four-day festival will feature performances by some of the hottest names in the genre as well as emerging talent.
The 2012 lineup is as follows:
Thursday, Oct. 18
Gates open at 4:30 p.m.
• Carol Stein and Friends, 5 to 6 p.m. • Maia Sharp, 6:30 to 8 p.m. • Bonnie Raitt, 8:30 to 10 p.m.
Friday, Oct. 19
Gates open at 4:30 p.m.
• Common Ground reunion, 5 to 6 p.m. • Down to the Bone, 6:30 to 8 p.m. • Mindi Abair & Friends featuring Jeff Golub and David Pack, 8:30 to 11 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 20
Gates open at 1:30 p.m.
• Pat Close and The Groove, 2 to 3:15 p.m. • El Nino Garcia and the Latin Knights, 3:45 to 5 p.m. • Tia Fuller Quartet, 5:30 to 6:45 p.m. • Kurt Elling, 7:15 to 8:45 p.m. • Esperanza Spalding Radio Music Society, 9:15 to 10:45 p.m.
Sunday, Oct. 21
Gates open at 2 p.m.
• Ruth Eckerd Hall/Clearwater Jazz Holiday Youth Jazz Band, 2:30 to 3:30 p.m. • The Cave Dwellers featuring the Reinhardt Brothers, 4 to 5 p.m. • Sister Sparrow and The Dirty Birds, 5:30 to 7 p.m. • The Avett Brothers, 7:30 to 9:30 p.m.
Daily general admission tickets are $10 in advance. Four-day tickets also are available. Children 12 and younger will be admitted free but must be accompanied by a paying adult. For more information, visit www.clearwaterjazz.com or call Clearwater Jazz Holiday office at 461-5200.
Wild 94.1 will present The Last Damn Show 14 on Saturday, Oct. 6, 7:30 p.m., at Tampa Bay Times Forum, 401 Channelside Drive, Tampa. Tickets start at $15. Call 813-301-2500 or visit www.tampabaytimesforum.com.
This year’s lineup will feature Snoop Dogg, Lupe Fiasco, 2 Chainz, MGK, Kreayshawn, Pleasure P and Rita Ora.
The 16th annual Music in the Park series will continue, offering free concerts on Fridays, 7 to 9 p.m., through Oct. 12. Concerts take place at Seminole City Park, 7464 Ridge Road.
Upcoming performances include:
• Fightin’ Malones, Friday, Oct. 5 • China Grove, Friday, Oct. 12
The Florida Orchestra will present two free outdoor concerts as part of its Pops in the Parks series. Attendees are invited to pack a picnic dinner and listen to a lively mix of familiar classics and popular favorites underneath the stars.
The orchestra will perform Saturday, Oct. 20, 7 p.m., at the Vinoy Park, 501 Fifth Ave. NE, St. Petersburg; and Sunday, Oct. 21, 7 p.m., at River Tower Park, 401 East Bird St., Tampa.
Concertgoers at both Park Concerts are encouraged to bring canned food donations for Tampa Bay Harvest for their food bank services in the Tampa Bay area.
The Vinoy Park Concert also will feature a pre-concert performance from 5:45 to 6:30 p.m. The performance will showcase two finalists from VSA Florida Young Soloists Competition, who will be representing the state of Florida in the national competition in Washington, D.C. later this year.
Following is a list of other music scene events in the coming weeks.
• Journey, Friday, Oct. 12, 7:30 p.m. • Rascal Flatts with Little Big Town, Friday, Oct. 26, 7 p.m. • Rob Zombie and Marilyn Manson, Saturday, Oct. 27, 2 p.m.
The Amphitheatre is at 4802 U.S. 301 N., Tampa. Call 813-740-2446 or visit www.livenation.com.
• Renaissance, Saturday, Oct. 6, 8 p.m. • Clearwater Jazz Holiday After Party, Friday, Oct. 19, 10 p.m. • Chris Robinson Brotherhood, Saturday, Oct. 20, 8 p.m. • George Clinton, Friday, Oct. 26, 9:30 p.m. • Arturo Sandoval, Saturday, Oct. 27, 6 and 9 p.m.
Capitol Theatre is at 405 Cleveland St., Clearwater. Call 791-7400 or visit www.atthecap.com.
England Brothers Park
• Days of the New featuring Khora, Consinity and The August Name; Saturday, Oct. 6, 3 p.m.
The bandshell is in England Brothers Park, 5010 81st Ave. N., Pinellas Park. Visit www.pinellaspark.com.
Hard Rock Café Tampa
• The Bangles, Sunday, Oct. 28, 8 p.m.
Hard Rock Café Tampa is at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, 5223 N. Orient Road, Tampa. Call 813-627-7625.
• Boyz II Men, Thursday, Oct. 4, 7:30 p.m. • The Florida Orchestra: Beethoven to Bernstein; Saturday, Oct. 13, 8 p.m. • The Florida Orchestra: The Sounds of Simon & Garfunkel; Friday, Oct. 19, 8 p.m. • The Florida Orchestra: Sibelius’ Violin Concerto; Saturday, Oct. 27, 8 p.m.
The Mahaffey is at 400 First St. S., St. Petersburg. Call 892-5767 or visit www.themahaffey.com.
Ruth Eckerd Hall
• Joe Cocker, Thursday, Oct. 4, 8 p.m. • Three Broadway Tenors, Friday, Oct. 5, 8 p.m. • Three Broadway Tenors, Saturday, Oct. 6, 8 p.m. • The Australian Pink Floyd Show, Friday, Oct. 12, 8 p.m. • The Florida Orchestra: Beethoven to Bernstein; Sunday, Oct. 14, 7:30 p.m. • John Legend, Tuesday, Oct. 16, 7:30 p.m. • Lynyrd Skynyrd, Wednesday, Oct. 24, 8 p.m. • The Florida Orchestra: Sibelius’ Violin Concerto; Sunday, Oct. 28, 7:30 p.m.
• Andrew Bird, Tuesday, Oct. 9, 7:30 p.m., in Ferguson Hall • The Florida Orchestra: Beethoven to Bernstein; Friday, Oct. 12, 8 p.m., in Carol Morsani Hall • The Florida Orchestra: Sibelius’ Violin Concerto; Friday, Oct. 26, 8 p.m., in Ferguson Hall
The David A Straz Jr. Center – formerly the Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center – is at 1010 N. W.C. MacInnes Place, Tampa. Call 813-229-7827 or visit www.strazcenter.org.