Black Veil Brides perform Oct. 26 as part of the 98 Rock Halloweenie Roast, at Mid Florida Credit Union Amphitheater.
Tampa Bay area venues, both large and small, will welcome a diverse selection of musical artists in the coming weeks.
Seminole’s annual Music in the Park continues through Oct. 11 at Seminole City Park, 7464 Ridge Road, Seminole. The music plays from 7 to 9 p.m. Admission is free. The series, which features six outdoor concerts, kicked off on Sept. 6. The final two bands are Sounds of Soul on Oct. 4 and Rocket Man, Elton John tribute show on Oct. 11. For information, visit www.myseminole.com.
Karen's Deal, an annual charity event in honor of Karen Deal, will be presented Sunday, Oct. 6, 5 p.m., at Skipper’s Smokehouse, 910 Skipper Road, Tampa. Admission is a $10 suggested minimum donation. For information, call 813-971-0666 or visit www.skipperssmokehouse.com.The show will feature performances by Rock and Roll Hall Of Famer Marty Balin along with The Lint Rollers and Stormbringer. A portion of the evening's proceeds will benefit Lifepath Hospice.
In October, 95.7 The Beat will turn 10 years old – and to celebrate, The Beat will host the 95.7 Beat Birthday Bash on Friday, Oct. 11, 5 p.m., at the Mid Florida Credit Union Amphitheater, 4802 U.S. 301 N., Tampa.
Scheduled performers include Kendrick Lamar, 2 Chainz, Rich Homie Quan, Sevyn Streeter, Ravaughn and Shanell. Tickets start at $25. Visit www.957thebeat.com.
One of Pinellas County’s signature music events is just around the corner: This year’s Clearwater Jazz Holiday runs Thursday through Sunday, Oct. 17-20, at Coachman Park on the waterfront in downtown Clearwater. The four-day festival will feature performances by some of the hottest names in the genre as well as emerging talent. The 2013 lineup is as follows:
Thursday, Oct. 17 Gates open at 4 p.m.
• Lisa Casalino – 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. • The Ries Brothers with Special Guest Vini Lopez – 6 to 7 p.m. • Chicago – 7:30 to 10 p.m.
Friday, Oct. 18 Gates open at 4 p.m.
• Gumbi Ortiz and New Groove City – 4:30 to 6 p.m. • Jane Monheit – 6:30 to 8 p.m. • An Evening with Paul Brown and Larry Carlton – 8:30 to 11 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 19 Gates open at 1:30 p.m.
• Chris Godber – 2 to 3:15 p.m. • Acme Jazz Garage with Belinda Womack – 3:45 to 5 p.m. • Level 10 – 5:30 to 6:45 p.m. • Average White Band – 7:15 to 8:45 p.m. • Tower of Power – 9:15 to 10:45 p.m. A fireworks show will begin at 10:45 p.m.
Sunday, Oct. 20 Gates open at 1:30 p.m.
• Ruth Eckerd Hall Clearwater Jazz Holiday Youth Jazz Band – 2 to 3 p.m. • Have Gun, Will Travel – 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. • Lake Street Dive – 5 to 6 p.m. • Amos Lee – 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. • Brandi Carlile – 8 to 9:30 p.m.
Daily general admission tickets are $10 in advance and $20 the day of the show. Children 12 and younger will be admitted free but must be accompanied by a paying adult. Four-day tickets also are available. Reserved seating prices start at $30 a day in advance. For more information, visit www.clearwaterjazz.com or call Clearwater Jazz Holiday office at 461-5200.
Alice Cooper headlines the 98 Rock Halloweenie Roast on Saturday, Oct. 26, 3 p.m., at Mid Florida Credit Union Amphitheater. Tickets start at $29.98. Visit www.98rock.com. Sharing the bill with Cooper will be Papa Roach, Bullet For My Valentine, Pop Evil, Black Veil Brides and Heaven’s Basement.
• Patrizio Buanne, Friday, Oct. 4, 8 p.m., in Ferguson Hall • The Florida Orchestra: Masterworks – Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, Friday, Oct. 11, 8 p.m., in Carol Morsani Hall • Michael Feinstein, Saturday, Oct. 19, 8:30 p.m., in Ferguson Hall • The Florida Orchestra: Pops Series – Cirque de la Symphonie, Friday, Oct. 25, 8 p.m., in Carol Morsani Hall • 2Cellos, Sunday, Oct. 27, 7 p.m., in Ferguson Hall • John Fogerty, Sunday, Oct. 27, 8 p.m., in Carol Morsani Hall
The David A Straz Jr. Center – formerly the Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center – is at 1010 N. W.C. MacInnes Place, Tampa. Call 813-229-7827 or visit www.strazcenter.org.