CLEARWATER – The Clearwater Community Volunteers is hosting its 11th annual Fashions with Flair silent auction and fashion show fundraiser on Saturday, Aug. 30, 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., at the Fort Harrison Hotel, 210 S. Fort Harrison Ave. A gourmet lunch will be served.
Each year, the show features several leading ladies of Tampa Bay on the runway. Some of the models this year include the following:
• Margaret Word Burnside, executive editor of Tampa Bay Magazine
• Cat Coats, wife of former sheriff Jim Coats and co-founder of Beth’s Closet
• Mimi Kintzel, community affairs director for the Church of Scientology in Tampa
• Susan Latvala, Pinellas County Commissioner
• Lauren Collins Medlin, 2014 Ms. Florida
• Cathy O’Brien, program specialist for the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office
• Kathleen Peters, Florida state representative
• Bahiyyah Sadiki, an educator in the Pinellas County school system for 11 years
• Carolyn Secor, local attorney
• Susan Valdes, Hillsborough County School Board member
Ambria’s of St. Petersburg will provide the clothing for this year’s models. The silent auction items range from $5 to thousands of dollars, with items including crafts and baked goods to celebrity endorsed goods, children’s items, sports memorabilia, fishing excursions, gift certificates, fine art, gift baskets, and designer jewelry.
CCV is a nonprofit, charitable organization, made up entirely of volunteers and is a community arm of the Church of Scientology.