Gulfport celebrates its 102nd birthday Saturday, Oct. 6, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., at the Gulfport Museum, 5301 28th Ave. S.
GULFPORT - Gulfport is celebrating its heritage with the 102nd Birthday Bash, Saturday, Oct. 6, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., at the Gulfport Museum, 5301 28th Ave. S.
A traditional Gulfport experience, the celebration incudes free birthday cake, kids games with obstacle course and inflatables, chalk art contest, famous mullet toss, fish fry, artists booths and trolley tour.
Bring antiques for appraisal to Scout Hall, 5315 28th S. Cost is $5 for one item or have three items appraised for $10. For more information, call 727-893-1118.
Schedule of events
- 10 a.m. Raising of the flag by American Legion 125 with “Star Spangled banner sung by Elizabeth Brown-Worthington
- 10 a.m. Dedication of plaque and crepe myrtles to the Late Mary Atkinson
- 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Artist, Crafters and collectables
- 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Pick up your 15 month 2012-2013 Historical Society calendar for only $5
- 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Inflatables including slide and obstacle course Free for the kids
- 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tour the Museum
- 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Trolley Tour of Gulfport
- 10 a.m. Mullet Toss
- noon to 2 p.m. Chalk Art Contest – Free admission and prizes for kids
- noon to 2 p.m. Music by Geno
- noon - Worthington’s Fish Fry - $8.
- noon - Hot Dogs served by Gulfport CERT Team. Hot Dogs $2, Drinks $1