Halloween is on a Wednesday in 2012, so many of the activities happened over the weekend, but there’s still plenty to do before it’s all over.
TBNweekly.com put together a list of events and activities sent in by readers. The list is sorted by date.
• Pumpkin patch through Oct. 31, 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., at First United Church of Pinellas Park, 9025 49th St. N., Pinellas Park. Trunk or Treating is Sunday, Oct. 28, 6 to 8 p.m. The church will host its Fall Festival on Saturday, Nov. 3, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. The festival will feature crafts, entertainment, games and food. For information, call 546-5741.
• Halloween Carnival, Tuesday, Oct. 30, 6 to 8 p.m., at Clearwater Beach Library and Recreation Center, 69 Bay Esplanade, Clearwater. Admission is free. Carnival game tickets will be five for $1. The event will feature small carnival games, costume contests, crafts, story time and light refreshments. For information, call 462-6138 or visit www.myclearwater.com.
• Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark, a special story time for ages 6 and up, Tuesday, Oct. 30, 7 p.m., at the Palm Harbor Library. No preregistration is necessary. For further information, call the youth services department at 784-3332, ext. 3018.
• Halloween Treat Trail, Wednesday, Oct. 31, 6 p.m., at England Brothers Park, 5010 81st Ave. N., Pinellas Park. Girls and boys of all ages may collect candy donated by local businesses and community organizations. The free event kicks off at 6 p.m. Radio Disney will provide activities, costume contest and prizes. Refreshments and popcorn will be provided. For information, call 541-0895.
• Boo Bash – Wednesday, Oct. 31, 5:30 to 8:30 p.m., at Bright House Field, 601 N. Old Coachman Road. This free event features interactive areas for kids, games, hayrides, a haunted house, costume parade on the field, and plenty of candy. For information, call 467-4457 or visit www.thresherbaseball.com.
• Spooktacular Pumpkin Contest, Wednesday, Oct. 31, 5 p.m., at the Safety Harbor Public Library, 101 Second St. N., Safety Harbor. Contestants may bring a painted, carved, or otherwise crafted-out pumpkin for display and judging. Sign-in for the contest is at 5 p.m. Results will be announced at 5:30 p.m. Contestants ages 15 and older are welcome to participate and compete for prizes and gift cards. For information, call 724-1525, ext. 112.
• Simon Kidgits Club Mall O Ween, Wednesday, Oct. 31, 6 to 8 p.m., at the Tyrone Square Mall, in St. Petersburg. The event will be presented by The Hub TV Network, a destination for kids and their families. The Hub will provide fun activities for attendees, giveaways and trick-or-treat bags (while supplies last). Little ones can view some of the network’s fun, kid-friendly, spooky-themed episodes of shows including “My Little Pony Friendship is Magic” and “Transformers Rescue Bots.”
• Sweet swap – Thursday and Friday, Nov. 1-2, 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., at The Long Center, 1501 N. Belcher Road, Clearwater. Trick-or-treaters ages 17 and under can donate their Halloween candy and receive a prize from the pumpkin prize box. Each pound of candy that is brought in earns an entry into a drawing for prizes such as a new bike, a Play Pass, and tickets to a local sports game. An extra entry can be earned by bringing in a thank-you note to a U.S. service man or woman overseas. All candy collected will be sent to the armed forces. Call 793-2320.