Grab a tub of popcorn and a cold drink – sit back, relax and enjoy these coming attractions:
Aug. 3 • “The Bourne Ultimatum” – Universal Pictures will resurrect Jason Bourne for the third installment in this action franchise. Still being hunted by those who made him what he is, trained assassin Bourne fights to recover his memories. Starring Matt Damon, Julia Stiles, Joan Allen and David Strathaim.
• “Bratz” – Lionsgate will bring Bratz dolls to life in the first live action feature. Starring Yasmin, Jade, Sasha and Jon Voight.
• “Hot Rod” – Paramount Pictures will present this PG-13 comedy about a self-proclaimed, mo-ped-riding stuntman with delusions of grandeur.
• “Underdog” – Disney and Spyglass Entertainment have no need to fear since Underdog will be here, vowing to protect citizens of Capitol City as well as Polly Purebread. Featuring Jason Lee, Jim Belushi, John Slattery and Amy Adams.
Aug. 10 • “Rush Hour 3” – Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker return in another installment of this zany buddy-cop series.
• “Skinwalkers” – Another werewolf movie ... this time, its wolf against wolf as two clans battle.
• “Stardust” – Michelle Pfeiffer, Claire Danes and Robert De Niro star in this fantasy flick about a young man trying to win the heart of his love by going on a quest to retrieve a fallen star.
Aug. 17 • “The Invasion” – Nicole Kidman and Daniel Craig team up for yet another adaptation of Jack Finney’s classic 1955 science fiction thriller “The Body Snatchers.” For those keeping score, this will be the fourth cinematic presentation of that tale.
• “The Last Legion” – MGM will muster this historical action picture as Colin Firth and Ben Kingsley portray the last days of the Roman Empire.
• “Superbad” – An adult comedy that promises plenty of laughs, the story follows two high school guys trying to hook up with girls before they graduate.