CLEARWATER – The Clearwater Audubon Society will sponsor a number of field trips and programs in February.
The programs are open to anyone who is interested in learning about Florida’s environment. For information and directions, call or email the appropriate contact. Following is a list of upcoming events:
• Friday through Sunday, Feb. 1-3 – STA-5 Weekend. This trip is limited to 12 people. Reservations are required. Call Paul Trunk at 447-4785.
• Monday, Feb. 4 – Monthly membership program, at Moccasin Lake Nature Park, 2750 Park Trail Lane, Clearwater. Mix and mingle begins at 6:30 p.m. followed by the meeting at 7 p.m. The program will be hummingbird banding. Fred Dietrich will highlight hummingbird-banding projects on the ruby-throated and western hummingbirds.
• Thursday and Friday, Feb. 7-8 – Merritt Island overnight trip. Attendees will meet at Tri-City Plaza, on the northwest corner of the intersection of U.S. 19 and East Bay Drive. Call Dale Goebel at 734-3384.
• Saturday, Feb. 16 – Audubon Explores, 8:30 a.m., at Moccasin Lake Nature Park, 2750 Park Trail Lane, Clearwater. Call Lynn Sumerson at 596-8822.
• Saturday, Feb. 23 – Cockroach Bay/EG Simmons Park. Attendees will meet at 7:30 a.m., at Tri-City Plaza, on the northwest corner of the intersection of U.S. 19 and East Bay Drive. There is a park entrance fee. The group will stop for lunch. Call Lynn Sumerson at 596-8822.