CLEARWATER – The Clearwater Audubon Society will host the following October events:
• Saturday, Oct. 12 – Bird walk at 8 a.m. at John Chesnut Park, 2200 East Lake Road, S. Palm Harbor. Meet at Shelter #6. Call Nicky at 286-1981.
• Saturday, Oct. 19 – Bird walk at 7:15 a.m. at Fort De Soto Park, 3500 Pinellas Bayway S., Tierra Verde. Meet at Party City at the Tri-City Mall off of U.S. 19. Call Lynn at 596-8822.
• Saturday, Oct. 26 – Bird walk at 8 a.m. at Key Vista, Anclote and Green Key. Contact Dale at 723-4635 for details.
• Monday, Oct. 7 – The monthly membership program is “Antarctic Adventure with Buck and Linda Cooper.” The Coopers are Florida natives with award winning conservation credentials and avian/lepidopteran species expertise. The monthly meetings are the first Mondays of the month from October through May at Moccasin Lake Nature Park, 2750 Park Trail Lane. There is a mix-n-mingle that starts at 6:30 p.m. and the meetings start at 7 p.m. Become a member with an annual membership fee of only $5. Apply at www.clearwateraudubon.com/news/php.
There are also extended trips scheduled for the 2013-2014 membership year, including the following:
• Nov. 23 to 26 – North Florida trip. Contact Paul at 447-4785 for information and reservations.
• Dec. 27 to Jan. 3 – South Texas trip. Contact Paul at 447-4785 for information and reservations.
• Jan. 16 to 20 – Northern Minnesota winter trip. Contact Paul at 447-4785 for information and reservations.
• June, dates to be announced – Eastern Washington state trip – Contact Dale at 723-4635 for information and details
• Nov. 8 to 18, 2014 – Israel trip. Contact Lynn at 596-8822 for information and reservations.