CLEARWATER – The annual Tampa Bay Times Turkey Trot race is set for Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 22, at jack White Stadium at Clearwater High, 540 S. Hercules Ave. For more information, call 562-4700.
There are several races as part of the event. Details are as follows:
• Wingding 5K – Begins at 7 a.m. This is a certified 3.1-mile course with one water station.
• Fun Run 5K – Begins at 7:30 a.m. and is for walkers, joggers and strollers.
• Gobbler 1-mile – Begins at 8:30 a.m. and is a fitness walk/run.
• Turkey Trot 10K – Begins at 8:45 a.m. This certified 6.2-mile course has three water stations and the course is open for two hours after the start.
• Clearwater Challenge – Begins at 7 a.m. Do all three races – the 5K, 1-mile and 10K. Note, you just receive one bib and one shirt.
Information to know:
• Arrive at least one hour early because parking will be congested.
• All races begin on Keene Road just south of Gulf-to-Bay Boulevard except for the Fun Run.
• Use sidewalks when approaching the school.
• Do not walk or stand on neighborhood lawns.
• Line up to start according to speed, with the fastest runners up front and the slowest to the rear. Walkers should start at the back of the crowd.
• Noncompetitive wheelchair participants should start at the back of the crowd.
• Bicycles, wagons, roller blades, skates and animals are not allowed on the course.
• Free refreshments are available at the finish line for registered participants.
• Bathrooms are located on the east side of the stadium, and portable toilets will be along the north side of the stadium.
• A medical tent and medical personnel will be available at the finish line.
• T-shirts can be picked up on Monday, Nov. 19, Tuesday, Nov. 20, and Wednesday, Nov. 21 or on race day before or after the race with a T-shirt stub from race number. One must have a stub to receive a shirt.
• Trophies will be awarded to the first, second and third place male and female winners in the Wingding and Turkey Trot in the Open, Master (40+ years old) and Grand Master (50+ years old) levels. Trophies will be awarded to first-place male and female winners in the Gobbler. Top finisher awards will go to the first 125 male and 125 female finishers of the Wingding and Turkey Trot. Awards will not be mailed.
• Proceeds from the races help support many local charities, including the West Florida Y Runners Club scholarship programs, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Pinellas, and the Children’s Heart Foundation.
• Please bring canned goods and nonperishable food items to the stadium on race day. All collected foods will be donated to the Religious Community Services, Inc. Food Bank. Monetary donations also will be accepted for the Mason Dixon’s Christmas Wish Fund.
To register online or see where to register in person, visit www.