ST. PETERSBURG – The Garden Club of St. Petersburg will present a number of programs in January at 500 Sunset Drive S.
Following is a list of scheduled programs:
• Monday, Jan. 6 – Creative crafts program, 10 a.m. Attendees will learn to make eggshell pendants. Cost of materials is $4.50 for guests.
• Thursday, Jan. 9 – The Secret Life of Roots, 10 a.m., with guest speaker Sandy Huff, Master Gardener from the Safety Harbor Garden Club.
• Tuesday, Jan. 14 – Dragonflies program, 1 p.m. Attendees will learn about the beautiful dragonflies in the area with guest speaker Joanne Hartzler of the Audubon Society. The public is invited.
• Tuesday, Jan. 14 – Succulents & Such, 7 p.m. Speaker Steve Walsh of the Central Florida Cactus and Succulent Society will lead the presentation.
• Wednesday, Jan. 15 – Underwater Designs, 10 a.m. This program will be presented by the Flower Arranging Circle of the Garden Club of St. Petersburg and will include a mini flower show of transparency designs.
• Thursday, Jan. 23 – The Annual card and game party, 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m., with a “cruise to Hawaii” theme. The event will feature box lunch and an afternoon of cards and games. Reservations are required. Reservation deadline is Jan. 17. Checks for $12, made payable to GCSP, may be mailed to Shannon Huet, 7980 Ninth Ave. S., St. Petersburg, FL 33707. Proceeds will support club projects.
• Tuesday, Jan. 28 – Florida friendly vegetable gardening, 1 p.m. The program will be lead by speaker Nathan Levy of Locally Grown.