PINELLAS COUNTY - Free Tax Preparation and assistance is available through April 15, sponsored by IRS, AARP and in cooperation with the United Way Prosperity Campaign for those households with low to moderate incomes with an emphasis on the elderly.
Households that earn less than $34,458 in 2004 may be eligible for the Earned Income Credit which could pay taxpayers as much as $4,300, based on the taxpayers earnings and family situation even if no taxes were deducted during the year.
Taxpayers must bring Social Security cards for all persons listed on their tax returns and all pertinent records such as W2s 1099s, etc. They also should bring a copy of last yearąs return if available. Important: If the taxpayer is eligible for Earned Income Tax Credit, they must also present a photo I.D. (such as drivers license) for positive identification.
Free electronic filing is available at all sites unless otherwise indicated.
• Largo Library, 351 East Bay Drive, Monday and Tuesday, 1 to 5 p.m.; Wednesday and Thursday, 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
• St. Jerome Catholic Church, 10895 Hamlin Blvd., Tuesday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Wachovia Bank, 1180 Jasper St. W., Wednesday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Paper prepared returns only.
• Seminole Library at SPC, Seminole Campus, 9200 113th St. N., Tuesday and Wednesday, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.; Thursday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• AmSouth Bank 655 S. Belcher Road, Friday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Clearwater East Branch Library, 2251 Drew St., Thursday, 4 to 7 p.m.; Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• High Point YMCA, 5345 Laurel Place, Monday and Tuesday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.; Thursday, 4 to 7 p.m.; Saturday, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• PTEC at Clearwater, 6100 154th Ave. N., Tuesday and Thursday, 1 to 5 p.m.
• RCS Food Pantry, 700 Druid Road, Wednesday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Paper prepared returns only.
• St. Cecelia Catholic Church, Colreavy Hall, 820 Jasmine Way, Monday, 12:30 to 4:30 p.m.
• Top of The World Rec Center, 2069 World Parkway Blvd., Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Martin Luther King, Jr. Center, 1201 Douglas Ave., Monday and Thursday, 9 a.m. to noon; Tuesday, 6 to 9 p.m.; Saturday, Feb. 5, March 5 and April 2 only, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• The Hampton Apartments at Clearwater, 1099 N. McMullen Booth Road, Tuesday, 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Paper prepared returns only and by appointment only. Call 726-8861, ext. 1033.