Tampa Bay Newspapers
9911 Seminole Blvd.,
Seminole, FL 33772
Phone: (727) 397-5563
Fax: (727) 397-5900
Submit News
  
 Search
  9911 Seminole Blvd. Seminole, FL 33772       Ph. 727-397-5563   View TBN's FREE e-Edition today!  
Click here to learn more
Front Page Facebook Twitter
Tropical storm warning lifted for Pinellas County
Article published on
  Print E-Mail
 
[Image]
Tracking map courtesy of NOAA
The National Hurricane Center discontinued the tropical storm warning from Anclote River southward to Englewood, including Pinellas County, at the 2 p.m. advisory.
The National Hurricane Center discontinued the tropical storm warning from Anclote River southward to Englewood, including Pinellas County, at the 2 p.m. advisory.

A warning remains in effect for Englewood to Bonita Beach. Tropical Storm Emily made landfall in Anna Maria Island around 11 a.m. At 2 p.m., the storm was about 30 miles southeast of Tampa and 55 miles southwest of Bartow. It was moving east at 10 mph. Maximum sustained winds were 40 mph.

Emily is expected to take a turn toward the northeast tonight or early Tuesday. The forecast track should take the storm inland over west-central Florida this afternoon and tonight and then move offshore the east-central coast Tuesday morning.

Emily is expected to weaken to a tropical depression this afternoon or tonight. Rainfall totals of 2-4 inches are forecast from Tampa Bay south to Naples with isolated amounts of up to 8 inches possible.

Clearing skies were visible over parts of Pinellas County this afternoon. However, a flood watch remains in effect until 8 p.m.

Emily is the fifth named storm of the 2017 Atlantic hurricane season.

Forecasters with the Climate Prediction Center have placed odds of 45 percent that the season, which runs June 1-Nov. 30, will have above-normal activity, a 35 percent chance of near-normal activity and a 20 percent chance of a below-normal season.

An average season has 12 named storms with six hurricanes and three major hurricanes.

Forecasters say there is 70 percent likelihood that 11-17 named storms will form this year with five-nine strengthening into hurricanes and two-four strengthening into a major hurricane. The forecast numbers includes Tropical Storm Arlene, which formed over the eastern Atlantic in April.

Named storms have winds of 39 mph or greater. Hurricanes have winds of 74 mph or higher, and major hurricanes, a Category 3, 4 or 5, have winds of 111 mph or higher.
Article published on
Copyright © Tampa Bay Newspapers: All rights reserved.
Printable Version E-mail article
Featured Print Advertisers
Flooring America
9012 Seminole Blvd., Seminole
(727) 397-5509
100 Patricia Ave., Dunedin
(727) 733-1356

Web site        View Ad
:)
Custom Couture of Tarpon Springs
208 East Tarpon Ave.
Tarpon Springs
(727) 238-7194

Web site        View Ad
:)
Abbey Carpet & Floor of Largo
13120 66th St. N.
Largo
(727) 524-1445

Web site        View Ad
:)
Oakhurst & East Bay Medical
13020 Park Blvd., Seminole
(727) 393-3404
3800 East Bay Dr., Largo
(727) 539-0505

Web site        View Ad
:)
Florida Center for Back & Neck Pain
Dr. Greg Hollstrom
11444 Seminole Blvd.
Largo
(727) 393-6100

Web site        View Ad
:)
Tampa Bay Newspapers
Online Advertising
For information, e-mail
webmaster@tbnweekly.com
:)
Advertisement
Online Services Directory
MEDICAL DIRECTORY   ONLINE DINING GUIDE
MEDICAL DIRECTORY ONLINE DINING GUIDE
AUTOMOTIVE GUIDE REAL ESTATE GUIDE
AUTOMOTIVE GUIDE REAL ESTATE GUIDE
Tampa Bay Newspapers
9911 Seminole Blvd.,
Seminole, FL 33772
Phone: (727) 397-5563
Fax: (727) 397-5900
Submit News