LATEST HURRICANE INFORMATION RELEASED 8/12/2004 Contact: Joelle Castelli Phone: 727-562-4881 Contact: Joelle Castelli Phone: 727-562-4881
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE LATEST HURRICANE INFORMATION RELEASED
- Clearwater City Manager has declared a state of Emergency for Clearwater.
- Effective 4 p.m., on-street parking will be removed from both sides of Cleveland Street today to ease evacuation routes from the beach and Island Estates
- Sand is available to those who bring and fill their own bags to the Public Services Complex located at 1650 N. Arcturas Ave. The City of Clearwater does not have sandbags available. People need to bring their own sand bags.
- When the storm arrives, there will be no access to the Sand Key or Memorial Causeway bridge, and access back to the island communities will only be authorized after PCSO and Clearwater determines that the area is safe. DO NOT return to evacuated areas until an announcement is made that it is safe to do so
- Call 562-INFO during the daytime hours for hurricane information specific to the city of Clearwater. This number is not expected to be active during the storm.
- Clearwater will NOT arrest those who do not evacuate. Choosing not to evacuate may put you and your family in danger due to high winds and flooding. Emergency access to these areas may be greatly limited after the storm.
- The Pinellas County information line is 464-4333.
Clearwater’s shelters are located at
Kennedy Middle School, 1660 Palmetto Street,
McMullen-Booth Elementary School, 3025 Union Street