SAFETY HARBOR Ė The family of a Safety Harbor firefighter is seeking donations after a fire damaged part of their Dunedin home. The Warkenthien family suffered about $20,000 in damages to their home after a family member fell asleep with a lit cigarette.
Most of what was damaged in the Dec. 7 fire were mementos, but Robert Luth suffered smoke inhalation after trying to pull out a recliner that had caught fire. The Warkenthiens are related to Safety Harbor firefighter Holly Warkenthien.
The family will spend Christmas with relatives, but request financial assistance. Donations can be sent to Capt. Tom Dundon at the Safety Harbor Fire Department, 700 Main St., Safety Harbor, FL 34695.