Readers are encouraged to send press releases and announcements by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or use our online forms. There is no need to send an email to each editor, our editorial assistant will make sure your email gets to the right place.
Announcements and press releases should contain complete information: who, what, when, where and why. Announcements of public events must contain contact information that can be published so people can call, email or visit a website for more information.
All announcements are printed on a space-available basis. It may take a couple weeks or more for space to become available. So, submit news items as early as possible.
Here are some other tips for getting materials published in a timely fashion:
• If you want to submit a photograph, make sure you send it in a JPEG format. Please don’t embed it in a word document; we may not be able to retrieve it. You may mail or drop off photos. We will try to save them, but we can’t guarantee we will return them.
• Please give us adequate notice if you want us to cover an event. We can’t cover an event if we are notified about it only hours before its scheduled time. However, we usually will accept pictures from the event that are submitted to us. Simply identify people in the photo, from left to right. First and last names.
But if there are a dozen people in the photo, just provide a general description of the event. The shorter, the better.
• Over the years, photographers have provided us great sunsets, wildlife and other feature photos. We publish such photos with the understanding that we can’t compensate the photographers, but will credit them for their shots in the photo captions.
Some of these photographers have won awards in Florida newspaper contests for their work. We are happy to submit their photos.
• We hate faxes, love email. That’s because we can copy and paste email, saving time in typing and editing. That said, please don’t send us a copy of your flyer. Type out your information, please.
• On deadline days, especially Mondays and Tuesdays, we may not have time to return your calls immediately. It’s easier to communicate through email.
• If you have opened a business, we will be glad to run a short announcement about it. If you want more free publicity for it, buy an ad.
• We usually don’t attend ribbon cuttings, unless somebody famous plans to attend.
• We will accept handwritten letters to the editor, but it may take a while for us to have them typed.
Tampa Bay Newspapers publishes five weekly newspapers - Seminole Beacon, Beach Beacon, Largo Leader, Belleair Bee and Clearwater Beacon.
The deadline to submit items for all weeklies is noon Friday of the week before the next publication date.
Generally, the Seminole Beacon is distributed on Wednesday; Beach Beacon, Largo Leader and Belleair Bee on Thursday; and Clearwater Beacon on Friday.
Deadline for monthly newspapers
TBN publishes four monthly newspapers – Pinellas Park Beacon, Palm Harbor Beacon, Tarpon Springs Beacon and Dunedin Beach.
Deadline to submit items for all monthlies is noon Thursday of the week before the next publication date.
Generally, the Pinellas Park Beacon is published the first Friday of the month, Palm Harbor Beacon on second Friday, Tarpon Springs Beacon on third Friday and Dunedin Beacon on the fourth Friday of the month.
We are proud to offer a forum to our readers. Please type letters to the editor (or print legibly) and include your name, town of residence, phone number and signature. Phone numbers will not be printed.
Letters can be mailed to Tampa Bay Newspapers, 9911 Seminole Blvd., Seminole, FL 33772, or send a letter by e-mail to email@example.com.
Letters to the editor also can be submitted online, click here. Letters submitted online or by email must include the writer's name, town of residence and phone number.
Guidelines for submitting letters to the editor, include:
• Letters are printed on a first-come, first-served basis. Letters may be edited to correct grammar, spelling and factual errors. They also may be edited for clarity.
• Please keep letters to editor to 700 words. Longer letters may be cut due to space limitations.
• Letters should address issues or current events. Please refrain from making unsubstantiated allegations. The newspaper will not print letters that contain slanderous or racial statements.
• Please don't use profanity.
• We don't publish poetry or songs in letters to the editor.
• We cannot return letters to the editor to the author.
• We do not print letters that are submitted anonymously.
• Writers may submit a letter every 30 days.
• Priority will be given to letters that deal with local issues by local writers.