Commissioner John Morroni speaks to the crowd at his 19th annual Appreciation Luncheon Jan. 24 at the Hilton St. Petersburg Carillon Park. The event awards law enforcement, fire and emergency personnel, and raises money for a local charity.
ST. PETERSBURG - Pinellas Commissioner John Morroni’s 19th annual Appreciation Luncheon for Emergency Personnel was Friday, Jan. 24, at the Hilton St. Petersburg Carillon Park.
The luncheon continued Morroni’s tradition of honoring the men and women who serve as emergency personnel. The sold out event of 510 supporters raised more than $35,000 for the Suncoast Hospice and Florida Veterans Foundation.
The 2013 Appreciation Awards recognize exceptional dedication and efforts above and beyond the call of duty on behalf of the citizens of Pinellas County. This year’s honorees were:
• Detectives Michael Bailey, Todd Greene and Misty Manning from the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office.
• Officer Donald Beauvois and K-9 partner Timon from the St. Petersburg Police Department
• Officer Tracie Black from Clearwater Police Department
• Ernest “Ernie” Starkey, Firefighter/Paramedic and Ryan Cotton, Firefighter/Paramedic
• Christopher Jennings, Paramedic
• Jay Hourne, Emergency Medical Technician
“It is so great to see our community leaders and businesses come together and honor our local heroes. We had more than 25 table sponsors this year.” Morroni said.