Bi-Lo Holdings LLC, the parent company of BI-LO and Winn-Dixie grocery stores, announced it will begin to rebrand six Pinellas County Sweetbay stores into Winn-Dixie stores.
The stores closed March 29 and will reopen April 4.
The affected stores are at 10202 Seminole Blvd., Seminole; 7625 Blind Pass Road, St. Pete Beach; and 6851 Gulfport Blvd., South Pasadena.
The change also affects three St. Petersburg stores: 2139 34th St. N., 7491 Fourth St. N., and 3327 Ninth St. N.
The six Pinellas stores are among 18 in the Tampa Bay area to make the change.
“Upon reopening as a Winn-Dixie, we believe customers will be pleasantly surprised to see that we have been working hard to provide the fresh, quality products they want at prices they can afford,” said Joey Medina, Winn-Dixie’s regional vice president. “Plus, we will offer a suite of in-store savings programs, like the fuelperks! Reward Program, which lets customers earn incredible savings at participating Shell stations every time they shop with their Winn-Dixie Customer Reward Card.”
Other savings programs include:
• The Winn-Dixie Customer Reward Card, which is a free membership card that allows customers to take advantage of deals when presented at checkout;
• Dependable Deals that freeze prices on hundreds of essential items for a 10-week period;
• $4 and $10 generic prescription savings, plus discounts on many name-brand medications;
• Weekly savings solutions through Buy One, Get One Free items, 10 for $10 and Meal Deals, which offers great prices on a variety of fresh meal packs for the family; and
• e-coupons, which are a way to load savings to Winn-Dixie Customer Reward Card and have them redeemed automatically with a swipe of the card at the register.
“While the name on the storefronts is changing, the people running them don’t have to,” said Medina. “We’ve invited Sweetbay associates to join the Winn-Dixie family and look forward to exchanging what it means to be local as we work together to run even greater stores.”
Bi-Lo Holdings LLC, the parent company of BI-LO and Winn-Dixie grocery stores, is the ninth-largest conventional supermarket chain in the United States based on net sales. The company employs nearly 60,000 associates who serve customers in 686 grocery stores and 482 in-store pharmacies throughout the eight southeastern states of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee.