The seasonal reclaimed water restrictions for Pinellas County Utilities customers will begin on Sunday, April 1, in accordance with Pinellas County Code 82-3. These reductions help avoid reclaimed water shortages during Florida’s traditional dry seasons (April to June and October to November).
From April 1 to June 30, irrigation with reclaimed water supplied by Pinellas County is limited to three days per week, based on the resident’s home address. The mandatory seasonal restrictions state:
• Watering is prohibited in the daytime between the hours of 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
• No reclaimed watering is permitted on Monday.
• If your house number ends in an even number (0, 2, 4, 6, 8), water on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
• If your house number ends in an odd number (1, 3, 5, 7, 9), water on Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.
• If your property contains a mix of addresses or if an address cannot be determined, such as common areas associated with a residential subdivision, water on Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday.
Overwatering can damage a lawn. Customers are encouraged to limit irrigation with reclaimed water to three days a week or less throughout the year to promote a healthy, drought-tolerant lawn with deep roots.