LARGO – Applications are now being accepted for the next Sheriff’s Citizen Patrol and Special Events Programs Academy. This volunteering opportunity gives citizens a chance to work side by side with deputy sheriffs.
Volunteer Patrol and Special Events applicants must meet the following requirements:
• Must be a citizen of the United States and be a full-time or seasonal Pinellas County resident.
• Be at least 25 years old.
• Have a valid driver’s license.
• Successfully complete a volunteer application.
• Pass a Sheriff’s Office background investigation.
• Complete a training Academy.
• Should be available to volunteer at least 30 hours per quarter.
• Previous law enforcement experience is not a requirement.
“Our volunteers provide and invaluable level of service and support to this agency and our community. We invite those who are interested to apply with us for a very rewarding and important volunteering experience,” said Sheriff Bob Gualtieri.
For more Information call Cpl. Mantzanas with the Citizen’s Volunteer Office at 727-582-6937.