MADEIRA BEACH – The following events are scheduled in March at the Gulf Beaches Public Library:
• Food for Thought. Saturday, March 2, 6 to 7:30 p.m. The library’s annual fundraiser is an all you can eat appetizer buffet, featuring taste samplers from the best restaurants up and down the beaches. Prizes and raffles. $20 per person, $30 at the door, and includes drink and music.
• Viva Florida 500 Program. Monday, March 11, 3 p.m., “Madeira Beach: A Photographic History of the Area During the 1960s & 1970s” from the archives of the library.
• AARP Tax Help will continue to help with filing taxes through April 11, every Tuesday and Thursday, 10 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
All classes at 1 p.m.
Those bringing a laptop must set it up before the class begins.
• Email class, Wednesday, March 13.
• Open forum, Monday, March 18.
• Internet class, Wednesday, March 20.
• Facebook, Monday, March 25.
• International Film Movement, Tuesday, March 5, 4 p.m. “Corpo Celeste.”
• World of Humor Film, Tuesday, March 26, 4 p.m.
• Winter Film Series, Wednesday afternoons at 2:30 p.m.
• Investment Club, Thursdays, 2:30 p.m. Join a group of experienced investors in an exchange of ideas about the current market and investment opportunities.
• Scrabble, Fridays, 1 to 4 p.m.
• Writer’s Group, Mondays, 10 a.m. to noon, All writers welcome. Bring a few pages of your work in progress to be critiqued by the group.
• Chatterbooks, Tuesday, March 19, 10:30 a.m., “Garden Spells” by Sarah Addison Allen.
• Bios & Brown Bags, a Biography Book Club. First meeting Tuesday, April 16, 6 p.m., “Manhunt: The 12-Day Chase for Lincoln’s Killer” by James Swanson.
• Baby & Me Storytime, infant to age 2, Wednesdays, 10:30 a.m. Short stories, puppets, songs and fingerplay followed by a play session.
• Wild Things Storytime and Art Class, ages 2-4, Fridays, 10:30 a.m. Stories, puppets, songs, fingerplays, followed by an arts/craft class at 11 a.m.
• First Friday, read to Rico and Bella, the library’s highly educated labradoodle and Chinese crested powderpuff Book Buddy dogs, Friday, March 1, 4 p.m.