TREASURE ISLAND – Residents who live near Rosselli Park on the Isle of Capri will now have an additional overnight parking option available.
Treasure Island Commissioners voted unanimously March 18 to pass a resolution permitting overnight parking for car owners with a current city parking permit.
Prior to the resolution passing, parking was not allowed between 1 a.m. and 5 a.m.
The park, which is located on Capri Circle South and Second Street, has 22 parking spaces. Amenities include tennis and basketball courts, a horseshoe pit, picnic tables and restrooms.
In other action, commissioners:
• Moved forward on a request for a setback variance at 8310 W. Gulf Blvd. in Sunset Beach. The homeowner is seeking a variance to the waterfront yard setback next to the Gulf of Mexico. A public hearing on the case is set for April 1.
• Moved forward on a permit modification request by the Gulf Beaches Rotary Club to hold its 2015 Greatest Show on Surf carnival on the beach. The club held the event in Treasure Island Park this year and on the beach in 2013.
• Approved $46,730 for Exceltech to repaint five traffic signal mast arms. Four of the mast arms are on Gulf Boulevard at 104th, 107th, 112th and 117th avenues. The fifth is at Treasure Island Causeway and Paradise Boulevard.
• Passed a resolution making the city’s building official a city employee and to contract with M.T. Causley for a part-time multi-certified building official.
• Named Tim Ramsberger vice mayor for the next year and gave Ramsberger signature authority.