BELLEAIR – The Belleair Garden Club, 903 Ponce de Leon Blvd., plans the following events for the coming months:
• Wednesday, Feb. 5 – General meeting, 1 p.m. The meeting will feature a program and tea. A program on basic orchid care will be presented. The meeting also will include a membership drive and orchid fest. The guest speaker will be Michael Polen of Art Stone Co. Orchid plants will be available for purchase. Guests are welcome and refreshments will be served.
• Wednesday, Feb. 12 – Horticulture program, 9:30 a.m. Pat Quinn of Petal & Vine in Belleair Bluffs will present the program. Guests are welcome. Casual attire is encouraged.
• Wednesday, March 5 – General meeting, 1 p.m. The meeting will feature a program on urban gardening presented by Kurt Steinmann of Belleair. Guests are welcome. Dressy casual attire is encouraged.
• Wednesday, March 12 – Horticulture program, 9:30 a.m., at the Eleanor Thompson Memorial Park, 8 N. Pine Circle, Belleair. Attendees will clean up and plant new butterfly plants.
• Wednesday, April 2 – General meeting, 1 p.m. The meeting will feature a program on Florida-friendly garden designs. Doris Heitzmann from the Extension Service will present the program. Guests are welcome.
• Wednesday, April 9 – Mad Hatter’s Tea Party, 11:30 a.m. The event will include luncheon, libations, hat contests and live and Chinese auctions. This is the club’s big fundraiser for the year. Tickets are $35 a person. To RSVP, call Judy Hanks at 595-7233 or email jl
firstname.lastname@example.org. Guests are encouraged to create and wear a Mad Hatter’s Hat. Prizes will be awarded.