CLEARWATER – Clearwater police made arrests at nine stores Feb. 15 for sales to a person under 21.
The beach anti-crime team with help from AmeriCorps members conducted an alcohol sales detail, which resulted in nine clerks arrested at nine stores. All clerks were released with a notice to appear, except one from the CVS on Mandalay Avenue who had a prior charge for the same offense.
The stores are as follows:
• Shorty’s Groceries, 1271 Gulf Blvd.
• Surf Style, 315 S. Gulfview Blvd.
• Havana Exclusive Cigars, 400 Mandalay Ave.
• CVS Drug Store, 467 Mandalay Ave.
• Shipwreck Bar, 657 N. Mandalay Ave.
• Hess, 441 Chestnut St.
• Pops Food Mart, 1208 N. Fort Harrison Ave.
• North Garden Discount Food, 1504 N. Garden Ave.
• Sunoco, 706 Drew St.
Several establishments refused to sell alcohol to decoys under 21.