CLEARWATER – The Clearwater Regional Chamber of Commerce recently held its 91st annual meeting and presented businesses with awards at the sold-out event at the Sheraton Sand Key Resort on Clearwater Beach.
The event honored the 2013 Business of the Year, the Tourism Person of the Year, Ambassador of the Year, Phillies All Star in the Community, inaugural DaVinci Young Professional of the Year Award and the prestigious Mr./Mrs. Clearwater. Additionally, the meeting was highlighted with the birthday of Coastie, the guide dog that was adopted by the city and the Coast Guard after the city’s designation of becoming a Coast Guard City. Coastie was brought on stage to enjoy a Frosty Paws dessert while Mayor George Cretekos led the crowd in singing Happy Birthday.
The winners of the evening are the following:
• Small Business of the Year, sponsored by Sun Country Cleaners – Nardo’s Natural Skin Care
• Medium Business of the Year, sponsored by Connelly, Carlisle, Fields and Nichols – Radiance Medspa
• Large Business of the Year, sponsored by Solar Sanitation – Clearwater Gas System
• Small Not-for-Profit Business of the Year, sponsored by Moss Feaster Funeral Homes – Clearwater Community Sailing Center
• Medium Not-for-Profit Business of the Year, sponsored by Clearwater Marine Aquarium – Humane Society of Pinellas County
• Large Not-for-Profit Business of the Year, sponsored by Regions Bank – Eckerd
• Business of the Year for Economic Advancement, sponsored by D-Mar General Contracting – St. Petersburg College
• Ambassador of the Year, sponsored by Bright House Networks – Ed Woods
• DaVinci Young Professional of the Year, sponsored by Johnson, Pope, Bokor, Ruppel and Burns, LLP – Alex Chamberlain
• Tourism Person of the Year, sponsored by Pier 60 Concessions – Brian Kramer
• Phillies All-Star in the Community, sponsored by Phillies Florida/Clearwater Threshers – Chuck Warrington
• Mr. and Mrs. Clearwater, sponsored by Clearwater Gas System – Jerry and Melody Figurski