CLEARWATER – Clearwater Police announced the results of a two-day sweep Feb. 27 that resulted in the arrest of seven people on drug-related charges and the seizure of about $17,000 worth of crack cocaine.
Seven guns - including an assault rifle - also were seized during the serving of search warrants Feb. 25-26 at multiple locations. Two of those guns had been reported stolen by their prior owners. Three vehicles, marijuana and cash also were seized in addition to the cocaine.
The arrests stemmed from an extensive investigation by detectives. Many of those arrested have lengthy prior criminal records for similar offenses.
"Getting these guns out of the hands of criminals and getting these drugs off the streets is a huge deal," said Clearwater Police Chief Tony Holloway. "We want these drug dealers to know that we're watching them, and we're coming for them."
The search warrants were served at 1616 N. Madison St., 207 S. Pennsylvania Ave., 1714 Bentley St. and 1408 Arden Ave.
Here is a list of those arrested:
• Marquis Bass, 20, possession of crack cocaine, felon in possession of a firearm, felon in possession of ammunition.
• Freddie Patterson, 20, possession of cocaine, sale and possession of crack cocaine.
• Jamayn Johnson, 35, possession of crack cocaine.
• Daryl Dixon, 26, possession of marijuana.
• Eric Riles, 45, felon in possession of a firearm.
• Fatini Morad, 48, trafficking in cocaine.
• Willie Daniels, 31, possession of crack cocaine, possession of marijuana, resisting arrest without violence.
The suspects were taken to the Pinellas County Jail.