CLEARWATER – The city of Clearwater announced March 13 several road and lane closures, including the following.
March 13 and 14
• Pineview Avenue at Barry Street will be closed to traffic Thursday and Friday, March 13 and 14 due to a stormwater pipe replacement. Detour: San Remo Avenue.
• The westbound lane of Druid Road just west of Belcher Road will be closed Thursday and Friday, March 13 and 14 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. due to driveway construction. Drivers should use caution in this area.
• There will be shifting northbound lane closures (100 to 200 feet at a time) along Hercules Avenue from Jeffords Street to Lee Court - Thursday and Friday, March 13 and 14 due to construction of the city s second reverse-osmosis water treatment plant. Flagmen will be present, and drivers are urged to use caution.
March 17 and 18
• Barry Street at Pineview Avenue will be closed to traffic Monday and Tuesday, March 17 and 18 due to a stormwater pipe replacement. Detour: Jeffords Street.
Now to March 21
• The northbound lane of Comet Avenue from Gulf-to-Bay Boulevard to the Kentucky Fried Chicken driveway is currently closed and should re-open Friday, March 21. The closure is due to installation of a new inlet box. Detour: Meteor Avenue.
Now to March 26
• Betty Lane at St. Thomas Drive is currently closed to traffic (except local traffic) now through Wednesday, March 26 due to installation of traffic calming features. Drivers should use caution at this intersection.
Friday, March 28
• Cleveland Street from S. Osceola to Fort Harrison avenues will be closed to traffic Friday, March 28 from 1 p.m. to midnight due to Clearwater s Blast Friday event. Detour: Pierce Street.
Residents with questions can call the cty of Clearwater s Traffic Operations Division at 727-562-4750.