CLEARWATER – The Clearwater Aging Well Center, 1501 N. Belcher Road in the Long Center, is hosting five special events in June that are free and open to the public. The events are as follows:
• The Ten Warning Signs of Alzheimer’s – Monday, June 9, 1 to 2:30 p.m. Karla Lindeen, MBA, of the Alzheimer’s Association, describes the difference between normal and abnormal memory loss, when to visit a physician, and what to discuss with your doctor.
• Founding Fathers Series – Tuesday, June 10, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Gary Henkel, a St. Petersburg College history professor, leads the first of four monthly programs examining the lives of Washington, Jefferson, Adams, Franklin and more.
• The Art of Happiness – Friday, June 13, 1 to 2:30 p.m. Maura Sweeney, author and Huffington Post contributor, leads an interactive program on how to be happier by altering your perceptions.
• Moccasin Lake Nature Park visit – Friday, June 20, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Staff will guide a fascinating tour of Clearwater’s quiet environmental park and educational center at 2750 Park Trail Lane. Call 793-2976 for directions.
• Clearwater K9 team – Friday, June 20, 1 to 2 p.m. Clearwater K9 team officers will demonstrate the public safety services the K9 partners provide. To register, call 724-3070.