CLEARWATER – The Clearwater Aging Well Center, 1501 N. Belcher Road at the Long Center is hosting two intergenerational programs in July to help bridge the gap between middle-schoolers and older adults. There also will be other programs geared toward seniors. All programs are free and open to the public. Space is limited, and preregistration is recommended by calling 724-3070 or by visiting www.myclearwater.com/agingwell.
The intergenerational programs include Maureen Belote, president of the Tampa Bay Storytellers’ Guild in a program about telling stories set for Friday, July 18, 1:30 to 2:45 p.m. She will share tales and techniques to engage audience of all ages.
On Friday, July 25, 1 to 2:30 p.m., Moccasin Lake Nature Park staff will present “Leapin’ Lizards,” a showcase of the state’s common four-legged reptiles such as anoles and skinks.
Other special programs for adults only include the following:
• Wednesday, July 9, 1 to 2 p.m. – Bay Area Legal Services, Inc. and the Clearwater Bar Association will present a program on exploring veterans’ benefits.
• Thursday, July 10, 1 to 2 p.m. – Clearwater Marine Aquarium staff will present “Animal Rescue: Sea Turtle Nesting Season,” which is a program on the efforts to monitor and protect sea turtles and their nesting sites and how hatchlings successfully launch into the gulf.
• Monday, July 14, 1 to 2:30 p.m. – The Alzheimer’s Association Program Specialist, Larla Lindeen, will present a program called Maintain Your Brain that provides three critical steps to retain cognitive skills.
• Tuesday, July 15, 2 to 3:30 p.m. – Alah Razanovsky, a professional pianist, poet and native of Ukraine shares “Songs of Survival from Behind the Iron Curtain.” She will perform her original works and recount stories of her life during the Cold War.
• Wednesday, July 16, noon to 1 p.m. – General Surgeon, Dr. Sebastian Tas, DO, presents “Diagnosis and Treatment of Hernias.” This discussion will include general information on hernias and invasive surgical treatment options. Preregister by calling 253-4076 or visit www.baycareevents.org.
• Thursday, July 31, 1 to 2:30 p.m. – The Area Agency on Again of Pasco Pinellas will present a forum called “Florida Crime Prevention” that will be on topics and services including the Senior Legal helpline, Senior Medicare Patrol for fraud reporting and prevention, and Senior Victim Advocacy Program to assist victims of crime.