CLEARWATER – The Clearwater Aging Well Center, 1501 N. Belcher Road in the Long Center will host a number of special creative classes and programs during September. Preregistration is recommended. Call 724-3070. Events include the following:
• Story Circle: Your Significant Story – Friday, Sept. 5, 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. Carole Simmons will moderate an interactive national model writing group focusing on penning life experiences and sharing them. Beginners are welcome to the free event.
• Timeline Memoirs – Part of the Artistic Modalities series, this Tuesday, Sept. 9 seminar, 2 to 4:30 p.m., provides artistic ways to recapture and express significant moments of your life. Personal insights are gained through visual art, writing and sharing in the creative process.
• Scrapbooking – Thursday, Sept. 11, 2:30 to 4:30 p.m. Get together to preserve your family history in photos, printed media and artwork. The basics as well as great ideas are shared to explore the best ways to display cherished memories. Bring your own materials and photos to the free event.
• Gratitude and Attitude – Tuesdays, Sept. 16 and 30, 2:30 to 4 p.m. Cultivate simple journaling practices showing your gratitude. Research shows that being thankful can improve your health, optimism, happiness and relationships. This is free and open to the public.
• Craft classes: Mixed media collage – Wednesdays, Sept. 10 and 17, 2 to 4:30 p.m. Viv Ruegger leads the classes on creating artistic collages with repurposed materials. Successive sessions will cover 3D collages inspired by Japanese kimono designs and seasonal fall decorations, respectively. Fees apply.
• The art of Zen painting – Wednesday, Sept. 24, 2 to 4:30 p.m. Noriko Kuehn teaches the elegant, meditative Japanese art form. Materials are included in registration fees. Call to register.
• Transform your life – Friday, Sept. 26, 1 to 2 p.m. Author, educator and dance instructor Arielle Giordano presents tools for inspiration, being true to oneself and following one’s passions. A book signing will follow the free event.