CLEARWATER – A fire erupted shortly before 3 p.m. on Sept. 15 at 1001 Amble Lane, according to a Clearwater Fire & Rescue report.
Numerous units responded. Two minor injuries were reported. One occupant suffered smoke inhalation and a firefighter burned his neck from falling debris. Authorities are investigating and say the fire is suspicious.
Clearwater Fire & Rescue also responded to a house fire Sept. 9 at 1716 N. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. Quick work helped contain the fire to a bedroom and prevented extension to the attic and rest of the house, according to a fire report. The cause was ruled accidental related to smoking, and more than $30,000 in damage was done to the house.