DUNEDIN - Dunedin firefighters responded in less than four minutes to a structure fire about 6:30 a.m. on Wednesday, April 8, at 2214 Davies Ave. in the Fairway Estates subdivision.
Once on scene, firefighters found smoke emitting from the roof vents and attic areas of the structure, according to a report from the Dunedin Fire Department. Firefighters quickly opened the roof area and applied water to the fire located in the attic area of the single family home.
The fire was confined to the roof and attic area over the fire, the report said.
Dunedin Fire Prevention Bureau Investigator Deputy Fire Marshal† Kelly Intzes determined that the fire was caused by an electrical short in a bathroom ceiling area fan and †its related wiring .The fire was determined to be †was accidental in nature.
Damage was estimated at $1,800. No injuries were reported.
Three Dunedin Fire Department units on the scene were assisted by a unit from Palm Harbor †Fire Department.