DUNEDIN – A Dunedin family of four were receiving assistance from the American Red Cross Tuesday night after cooking materials left unattended on a stove caught fire while they were out for a walk.
Dunedin Firefighters responded to the fire at 2033 Ridgecrest Drive in unincorporated Dunedin and brought the fire quickly under control. Dunedin Fire Marshall Bill McElligott reported that damage was centered in the kitchen area of the single family home. Damage was contained to the kitchen and roof area, McElligott said. There also was smoke damage throughout the home. Damage was estimated at $100,000 to the structure and $40,000 for the contents. There were no injuries.
Firefighters responded with three engines and a ladder truck and were assisted on scene by firefighters from the Clearwater Fire Department.