DUNEDIN – The Dunedin Chamber of Commerce presented the Beatrice Donoghue Delightful Dunedin Award Nov. 3 to Rev. Vicki ByRoade, pastor of the First Presbyterian Church of Dunedin.
Winners of the award, which was first presented in 1966 in memory of Beatrice Donoghue, come from all walks of life and give to the greater community in many ways, some from the business side and others from the social side.
Dunedin Chamber Chair Jeff Rhoads said that ByRoade has done much for the community, including her support for the Rotary Club, Dunedin Historical Society, Habitat for Humanity, Homeless Emergency Project, Clothes for Kids and other organizations.
“Giving of personal time our winner also has a large group to influence and also encourages community service by them,” Rhoads said. “Our winner has been recognized for promoting world peace and understanding, been honored for leadership, all while helping those experiencing hardship.”
ByRoade has counseled the homeless and unemployed, found temporary housing and financial aid for those in need and giving hope to those without it, Rhoads said.
“She encourages everyone around her to give back, get involved and do something good,” Rhoads said.
Other chamber award recipients are:
• James DeCarolis, Vision Ace Hardware, Committee Member of the Year Award.
• Jenay Rhoads, Florida Auto Exchange, Rookie of the Year Award.
• Susan Folsom, Folsom Accounting, Outstanding Director Award.
• Jonathan Skinner, north county volunteer coordinator, Spirit of the Chamber Award.
• Lori Bladders, Security Title, Chairman’s Award.
• Sail Honeymoon, Small Business of the Year Award.
• Terbo Construction, Medium Small Business of the Year Award.
• Achieva Credit Union, Large Business of the Year Award.