The Central Pinellas Chamber of Commerce’s Women in Business Council named five winners of the Inspire Award Aug. 13, selected from several nominations. Pictured, from left, are Sherri Joyer of YMCA of the Suncoast, who nominated George Garcia, executive director of the High Point branch; Sue Osborne of Pinecrest Place retirement community, who nominated Danny Lehan franchise owner of the Village Inn on Walsingham Road; Jennifer Reynolds, marketing manager of One Hour Air Condition and Heat, who was nominated by Sue DeRenzo of the company; Gail Friedman-Barrett, director of special events for New Life Solutions, who was nominated by Sol Pitchon and Mary Molina, and Melissa Santell, who nominated Susan Rolston, CEO of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Pinellas County.
LARGO – The Central Pinellas Chamber of Commerce shined the spotlight on five individuals at its fifth annual Inspire Awards Luncheon, held Aug. 13 at Largo Public Library.
Many nominations were submitted in honor of those who make a difference in the region. Of these nominations, five were selected for this year’s awards.
This year’s Inspire Award winners are as follows:
• Jennifer Reynolds, marketing manager of One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning, was nominated by Sue DeRenzo, a dispatcher for the company. Her nomination letter stated, “Jennifer’s zest for life inspires everyone around her.”
• George Garcia, executive director of the YMCA of the Suncoast’s High Point branch, was nominated by Sherri Joyer of the organization. Joyer wrote, “George’s advocacy for those in need has renewed the lives of many in our region.”
• Susan Rolston, CEO of Big Brothers Big Sisters serving Pinellas County, was nominated by Melissa Santell, marketing and communications coordinator of the nonprofit. Santell wrote, “Susan’s lifelong support of the young is creating a brighter future.”
• Gail Friedman-Barrett of New Life Solutions, was nominated by Sol Pitchon and Mary Molina, both from the ministry. Her nomination letter stated, “Gail’s faith and philanthropic service has benefited the global community.”
• Danny Lehan, franchise owner of the Village Inn on Walsingham Road, was nominated by Sue Osborne, director of business development at Pinecrest Place retirement community. The nomination letter stated, “Danny’s business vision and community support has been a driving force to success.”
Chamber’s Women In Business Council presented the fifth annual Inspire Awards, sponsored by PEACE Wealth Management, Dr. K’s Med Spa Wellness and Rejuvenation, Creative Sign Designs, DEX Imaging, Largo Medical Center and Greater Largo Library Foundation. Florist Fire provided the arrangements.