OLDSMAR – The following events are scheduled in March at the Oldsmar Public Library, 400 St. Petersburg Drive.
• Oldsmar History Program, Saturday, March 2, 2 p.m., TECO Hall, Presented by Jerry Beverland. The program is part of the Viva Florida 500 statewide celebration of Florida and Florida history.
• Spring Break Movies for Kids, all ages, Tuesday, March 26 to Thursday, March 28, movies and popcorn begin at 2 p.m. in the Storytime Room.
• Toddler Time, ages 18 months to 3 years, Mondays and Tuesdays, 10 a.m., Storytime Room. Program includes short stories, songs and activities to encourage early literacy and lasts about 30 minutes.
• Preschool Storytime, ages 3-5, Thursdays, 10 a.m., Storytime Room. Program includes stories and a simple craft and lasts about 30 hour.
• Battle of the Books Training, grades 3-8, Mondays, 6 p.m., Storytime Room. Prepare and train for the Battle of the Books. Last day for training is March 18.
• LEGO Club, all ages, Wednesday, March 13 and Saturday, March 16, 3 p.m., Storytime Room. Get creative with the library’s DUPLO & LEGO blocks. Kids of all ages are encouraged to stop by and play. Program sponsored by the Friends of the Library.
• Netsmartz Internet Safety Program, kindergarten to grade 12.
• Battle of the Books Training, grades 3-8, Mondays, 6 p.m., Storytime Room. Prepare and train for the Battle of the Books.
• OTAB/Teen Coffee House, Tuesday, March 19, 6 p.m. Oldsmar Teen Advisory Board meeting. Call 813-749-1179 to learn more about the Teen Advisory Board.
• Movies and Popcorn, Friday, March 1, 1 p.m., TECO Hall. Call the library for movie title.
• Free Tax Assistance (through April 10), Tuesdays 3 to 7 p.m., and Wednesdays 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., TECO Hall. Open to the public on a first-come, first-served basis. Bring a copy of last year’s return and Social Security numbers for yourself and all dependents. Call 1-888-687-2277 for more information. Service provided by AARP.
• Free Small Business Counseling with SCORE, Tuesday, March 5 and 19, 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m., Rotary Literacy/Conference Room. Register at the reference desk or by phone.
• Books and Brews, ages 21 and older, Tuesday, March 5, 6:30 p.m. at the Oldsmar Tap House, 300 State St. E.; March 5: “Wicked: the Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West” by Gregory Maguire; April 2: “The Road” by Cormac McCarthy. No registration required.
• Drop-in Computer Help, Wednesday, March 6 and 20, 3 to 5 p.m., Need individual help with the computer or the Internet? Teen volunteers are available to assist one-on-one or in a small group.
• Computer Class – The Internet, Tuesday, March 19, 2 p.m., TECO Hall. Explore the Web and how it is set up by looking at popular websites, reviewing key terms.