PINELLAS PARK – Pinellas Park police arrested eight individuals April 2 at the close of a long-term investigation into drug sales and prostitution occurring at a local motel.
The arrests were made at the Express Inn, 11333 US Highway 19 N., Pinellas Park.
According to a press release, the narcotics unit received numerous complaints about prostitution and drug sales occurring in rooms at the motel for the past several months.
Detectives “ingratiated themselves into the environment at the motel and were able to purchase narcotics from more than one subject on more than one occasion,” the release said.
Detectives also identified several women who were involved in prostitution and offered their services through the website Backpage.com.
Detectives found enough probable cause for the arrest of several individuals.
On April 2, members of the Narcotics Unit, Community Redevelopment Policing Unit, Intelligence, K-9, Patrol and Professional Standards and Special Services went to the motel. Police arrested the following people on a variety of charges.
• Chad Brown, 22, sale and possession of narcotics
• Crystal Olivia Vandevoordt, 18, possession of marijuana and possession of paraphernalia
• Robert Given, 43, warrant arrest
• Cassandra L. Jacobsen, 32, warrant arrest
• Farrah Lisa Billings, 24, unlawful use of a two-way communication device, possession of a controlled substance and failure to leave public service establishment
• Holly Slate, aka Holly Grosso, 29, sale of narcotics within 1,000 feet of a place of worship, possession of paraphernalia, violation of probation for sale or manufacture of cocaine
• Tre Vijon Baker, 19, tampering with evidence, contributing to the delinquency of a minor, possession of paraphernalia, lewd and lascivious battery and possession of crack cocaine
A juvenile female was also arrested for an outstanding warrant.