Firefighters from Madeira Beach and Seminole Fire Rescue work together as they load hose back on Engine 25 after quickly handling a structure fire the morning of Saturday, March 8.
SEMINOLE – Firefighters from Madeira Beach and Seminole fire rescue department responded to a structure fire at 5150 Duhme Road in the Boca Ciega Point Apartments at 10:24 a.m. March 8.
Units first on the scene found a small fire in the kitchen of apartment 363N, owned by Mr. and Mrs. Paul Larkin who were not home at the time of the fire.
The fire was quickly extinguished limiting the damage to the cabinet area surrounding the stove. Two dogs rescued from the apartment were treated for smoke inhalation at a local veterinarian and are expected to be fine. The cause of the fire was determined to be from an unattended pot left on the stove.