The long-awaited demolition of the historic Redington Pier has begun, bringing an end to what has been considered a historic treasure. The wooden pier dates to 1962 and is the only such structure left on the Pinellas beaches. Check out our gallery as we chronicle its dismantling in photos.
Seven more Pinellas County residents have died due to the novel coronavirus, upping the death toll to 90. In addition, 22 new COVID-19 cases were added to the count, bringing the county’s total to 1,335, according to the report released Tuesday by Florida Department of Health.
- County staff explains mechanical thinning done at local parks
- Boating community objects to new vessel exclusion zone at Fort De Soto
- Pinellas County resuming some services
- Utilities crewmembers’ actions credited with saving man’s life
- Tax collector reopening additional locations
- Rainy season fertilizer restrictions began June 1
- County accepting reservations for Fort De Soto Campground and Shell Key Preserve
- Four charged with inciting a riot in downtown St. Petersburg