Don't know what to do this weekend? We've got you covered. Check out our list of entertainment events happening around Tampa Bay.
Our Top 5
• “Five Women Wearing the Same Dress,” by Alan Ball, May 31 through June 16, at West Coast Players, 21905 U.S. 19 N., Clearwater. Performances will be Fridays and Saturdays, 8 p.m.; and Sundays, 2 p.m. Tickets are $21. For tickets and information, call 727-437-2363 or visit www.wcplayers.com.
• The 26th annual St. Pete Beach Corey Area Craft Festival, Saturday and Sunday, June 1-2, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., on Corey Avenue in St. Pete Beach. Admission is free. For information, visit www.artfestival.com.
• “Long Day’s Journey into Night” by Eugene O’Neill, May 29 through June 30, presented by American Stage Theatre at Raymond James Theatre, 163 Third St. N., St. Petersburg. Ticket prices vary by performance. For information and tickets, call 727-823-7529 or visit Americanstage.org.
• Blast Friday featuring Mark Farner, Friday, May 31, 5:30 p.m., in the Cleveland Street District in downtown Clearwater. The event is free. VIP tickets are available. Call 727-791-7400 or visit www.atthecap.com.
Other weekend events
• “Dixie Swim Club,” by Jones, Hope and Wooten; through July 14, at Early Bird Dinner Theatre, 13355 49th St. N., Clearwater. The price for buffet and show is $36 including tax. Show times and dates vary by week. Call 727-446-5898 for reservations. For information, visit www.earlybirddinnertheatre.com.
• Countess Luann de Lesseps, Friday, May 31, 8 p.m., at Capitol Theatre, 405 Cleveland St., Clearwater. Tickets start at $59.50. Call 727-791-7400 or visit www.atthecap.com.
• Suncoast Academy of Dance, Sunday, June 2, 3 p.m., at Ruth Eckerd Hall, 1111 McMullen Booth Road, Clearwater. Tickets start at $30.82. Call 727-791-7400 or visit www.rutheckerdhall.com.
• Sunset Music Series featuring The Soul Bender Band, Friday, May 31, 7 to 9 p.m., in Weaver Park, 1258 Bayshore Blvd., Dunedin. The event is free to attend. Attendees may bring a blanket or lawn chairs. Concessions will be available. Call 727-812-4530.
• “Buyer & Cellar,” by Jonathan Tolins, through June 9, at freeFall Theatre, 6099 Central Ave., St. Petersburg. For performance times and tickets, call 727-498-5205 or visit freefalltheatre.com.
• Movies in the Park: “The Lorax,” Thursday, May 30, at North Straub Park, 350 Bayshore Drive NE, St. Petersburg. Music starts at 7 p.m. The movies start at dusk. Local vendors will be selling food and drinks. Blankets and low-profile chairs are recommended. Admission is free.
• Blackbear, Friday, May 31, 7:30 p.m., at Jannus Live, 200 First Ave. N., St. Petersburg. For information or to purchase tickets, call 727-565-0550 or visit jannuslive.com.
• Dio Returns, Sunday, June 2, 7:30 p.m., at the Palladium at St. Petersburg College, 253 Fifth Ave. N., St. Petersburg. Tickets start at $49.50. Call 727-791-7400 or visit www.rutheckerdhall.com.
• “Hedda,” adapted by Lucy Kirkwood from the play by Henrik Ibsen, presented by Jobsite Theater; through June 2, in the Shimberg Playhouse at The Straz Center for the Performing Arts, 1010 N. W.C. MacInnes Place, Tampa. Tickets start at $18. For performance times and tickets, call 813-229-7827 or visit strazcenter.org.
• The Southern Momma Cledus T. Judd Comedy Experience, Friday, May 31, 8 p.m., in Ferguson Hall, at The Straz Center for the Performing Arts, 1010 N. W.C. MacInnes Place, Tampa. Tickets start at $25. Call 813-229-7827 or visit strazcenter.org.
• Legendary JCs and Time Out Girls, Friday, May 31, 8 p.m., at Skipper’s Smokehouse, 910 Skipper Road, Tampa. Tickets are $10 in advance and $13 the day of the show. Call 813-971-0666 or visit www.skipperssmokehouse.com.
• Eric Petersen, Saturday, June 1, 7 p.m., in TECO Theater, at The Straz Center for the Performing Arts, 1010 N. W.C. MacInnes Place, Tampa. Tickets start at $20. For performance times and tickets, call 813-229-7827 or visit strazcenter.org.