A number of new movies will hit theaters this week, including the following film opening in wide release:
- Genre: Action and adventure
- Cast: Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Scarlett Johansson, Chris Hemsworth, Anthony Mackie, Paul Bettany, Elizabeth Olsen, Chadwick Boseman, Gwyneth Paltrow, Sebastian Stan and Katherine Langford
- Directors: Anthony Russo and Joe Russo
- Rated: PG-13
The grave course of events set in motion by Thanos that wiped out half the universe and fractured the Avengers ranks compels the remaining Avengers to take one final stand in “Avengers: Endgame,” Marvel Studios’ grand conclusion to 22 films.
The following will open in limited release. It may be several weeks before these films appear in local movie theaters.
- Genre: Drama and biography
- Cast: Kristen Stewart, Laura Dern, Diane Kruger, Jim Sturgess and Courtney Love Cobain
- Director: Justin Kelly
- Rated: R
This captivating true story goes beyond the headlines to tell the story of the most compelling literary ‘hoax’ of our generation.
Laura Albert (Laura Dern) writes as her “avatar,” a disenfranchised young queer man named JT Leroy. When her debut novel becomes a best-seller and JT becomes the darling of the literary world, she comes up with a unique solution to preserve her anonymity but give life to her nom-de-plume.
Enter her boyfriend’s androgynous sister Savannah Knoop (Kristen Stewart), who connects with Laura’s punk, feminist, outsider universe and agrees to be JT in the public eye. Together, they embark on a wild ride of double lives, infiltrating the Hollywood and literary elite, and discovering who they are while pretending to be someone else.