• The Bluffs Wine Walk scheduled for March 28 has been postponed to a later date to be determined.
• All town of Belleair government buildings, including Town Hall, the public works building, and the Dimmitt Community Center are closed to public access. Business transactions and payments will be conducted via dropboxes, mail, telephone, and/or online.
• As of March 12, the town of Belleair postponed or canceled all town-sponsored special events and recreational programs for at least for the next 30 days. Canceled or postponed events include:
- Springfest - April 11
- Free Shredding Event - April 25
- Belleair Rec Family Golf Tournament - April 24-25
• The Belleair Community Foundation has also canceled all events through at least Sunday, April 12.
• Belleair Bluffs City Hall is closed to public access. City staff will remain available by phone or email.
• The 20th annual Monopoly Night fundraiser scheduled for Saturday, May 9, at the Belleair Country Club has been postponed.
• The 2020 Pier 60 Sugar Sand Festival scheduled for April has been cancelled. Anyone who has already purchased tickets will be contacted by festival organizers within the next week to issue a refund, sponsor Visit St. Pete/Clearwater said in a press release.
• The Clearwater Marine Aquarium is closed through at least March 27.
• The Clearwater Community Band concerts scheduled for March 21 have been canceled.
• All recreation centers, pools, the Aging Well Center, the McMullen Tennis Complex, and all programs targeted toward the senior population (Silver Sneakers and Enhance Fitness) are closed until further notice.
• The following city events have been canceled:
- E-Waste Electronic Dropoff program - March 25
- Sunsets at Pier 60
- Clearwater Neighborhoods Day - March 28
- Blast Friday - March 27
- Sea Turtle Awareness Day - April 4
- The Earth Day Beach Cleanup - April 22
- Operation Shred and Drug Take-Back program - April 25
- Clearwater's Arbor Day & Tree Giveaway event - April 25
• The fourth annual Look Up! Clearwater Festival has been postponed.
• The St. Pete-Clearwater International Airport is postponing its renovation celebration scheduled for April 14.
• All Clearwater library branches are closed to the public.
• The city of Dunedin's recreation facilities and the Dunedin Public Library have been closed. The city also has canceled the following March events/programs:
- Dunedin Market
- Seafood Festival
- Breakfast Social
- Tuesday Films at Library
- Piper on the Pier
- St. Patrick's Day Luncheon
- Bunny Brunch
- The International Chorale
• The March meeting of the North Pinellas County Democratic Club has been canceled.
• The Friends of Boy Scout Troop 10's Wild Game Dinner has been postponed.
• The Dunedin Highland Games scheduled for April 4 has been postponed. Organizers are hoping to reschedule the event for November.
INDIAN ROCKS BEACH
The following events have been canceled:
- Great American Cleanup - March 21
- IRB Historical Museum Potluck Luncheon - March 21
- IRB History on the Rocks - March 24
- Greenfest - March 28
- Friends of the Library annual meeting - April 2
- Citywide garage sales - April 4-5
- Rotary Runs the Beach - April 4
- Conversation with Mayor-Commissioner - April 6
- Easter Egg Hunt - April 11
- Coffee with a Cop - April 14
- IRB Beachfest - April 18
The Indian Rocks Beach Library is also closed and related programs canceled.
• Through the end of April, the city of Largo will be canceling all programs, classes, and public meetings in addition to postponing city events, including:
- Shamrock’n Run
- Movies in Largo Central Park
- McGough Nature Park's Feed the Critters Food Truck Rally
- Hearts for the Arts Gala
- Communitywide Garage Sale
- Largo Sustainability Series
- Central Park 25th anniversary event
- All performances at the Central Park Performing Arts Center. Hold on to registrations and tickets and the city will try to reschedule events in the near future.
- The Largo Lions Club has rescheduled the “Spotlight Series” show “Landsharks,” which was to take place Monday, March 23, at the Central Park Performing Arts Center. The club hopes to reschedule the show for Monday, Nov. 16. The shows will be at 2 and 7 p.m. Tickets purchased for the March 23 concert date will be honored on the new date. For those not able to attend the November concert, the club is offering a full refund. Refunds must be requested no later than Friday, April 18. If you are unable to attend the performance in November and would like to donate the ticket price to the Largo Lions Club, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, you may do so. Before April 18, contact the Central Park Performing Arts Center Box Office at 727-587-6793 to let it know if you will be able to attend the show, donate the tickets, or request a refund.
City facilities, including City Hall, playgrounds, recreation centers, the Golf Course and the Largo Public Library, are closed to the public. City parks remain open.
• The Kiwanis Club of Largo/Mid-Pinellas has canceled Pawfest, but hopes to reschedule at a later date.
• Largo Central Railroad Club has canceled all public train runs at Largo Central Park until further notice.
• The April 4 production of “The Last Supper” at St. Patrick Church has been canceled.
• Heritage Village is closed and has canceled all public meetings until at least April 4. The Time Capsule Reveal, scheduled for Saturday, March 28, will be canceled.
• The Hurricane Symposium at St. Jerome's Catholic Church has been postponed.
• The city of Madeira Beach is postponing the following events at the Madeira Beach Recreation Center:
– Kite Day
– Gulf Beaches Rotary Waterfront Festival
– The Water Lantern Festival
– Mad Beach Burgerfest
– Spring Break Camp
In addition to postponing events, the Recreation Center will be closed March 16 through 31. All events scheduled during that time are cancelled, the city said in a press release.
• As of March 18, the 27th annual Spring King of the Beach Kingfish Tournament is still scheduled to take place April 30-May 2.
The city of Oldsmar is postponing all city and library programs and events until further notice. Additionally, the Oldsmar Public Library, Cypress Forest Recreation Center, and State Street Center will be closed until further notice beginning Wednesday, March 18.
• The Palm Harbor Library Garden Lecture scheduled for March 24 from 2-4 p.m. has been canceled.
• All senior-related and other large gathering events and activities of the Community Services Agency have been suspended until further notice. This includes tax preparation services offered by AARP. For information, call 727-771-6000.
• Pinellas Park City Hall, the Barbara S. Ponce Library are closed. Pinellas Park Recreation Centers will close as of 6 p.m. Friday, March 20.
• The following events sponsored by the city of Pinellas Park have been canceled:
– Chili Blaze, March 20
– Country in the Park, March 21
– Tiny Home Festival, March 28
– British Years Concert, March 28
– Art Walk, March 28
– Calandra Concert, March 28
• The Florida Suncoast Tiny Home Festival, previously scheduled for the end of March, has been rescheduled for Dec. 19-20. Tickets already purchased will be honored in December; anyone who purchased a ticket but cannot attend the festival’s new dates can contact Eventbrite for a refund.
Santa's Angels Havana Nights Charity event has been rescheduled for Oct. 10. at Friendship Park.
• The city of Seminole or chamber events canceled include:
– Saturday, March 28: 27th Annual Seminole Stampede & Doggy Stampede (postponed)
– Thursday, April 2: First Thursday Networking Mixer (canceled)
– Thursday, April 9: Tribute to Teachers (postponed)
Event sponsors and participants will be notified directly by next week regarding refunds or other promotional possibilities, according to a press release from the Greater Seminole Area Chamber of Commerce.
Monthly and quarterly networking events of the Chamber will continue as usual, including Chamber 101 and the Monthly Business Breakfast.
• The Seminole Junior Woman’s Club has postponed its annual Purse Auction, previously scheduled for March 27 at Lake Seminole Square. The event will be rescheduled at a later date.
ST. PETE BEACH
The city of St. Pete Beach has canceled the following community events:
- Great American Cleanup - March 21
- Corey Avenue Sunday Market - March 22-April 26
- Lunch N’ Learn - March 23
- Music in the Afternoon - March 29
- PAG Church Event - March 29
- Underwater Egg Hunt and Chalk It Up - April 11
- Sunrise Service - April 12
- Beach Goes Pop - April 17-18
- Salute to the Vets - April 18
- Rock the Block (Pass-A-Grille Park) - April 25
- Sportsfest - April 25
All programs, fitness classes, childcare activities and events at the St. Pete Beach Community Center, Aquatic Center and Public Library have been suspended until further notice.
• The Dalí Museum has closed to the public through March 31, at which time it will reassess the situation. All programs and events will be postponed or canceled. Check TheDali.org for updates.
• All programs of The Florida Holocaust Museum scheduled through April 4 have been postponed. The museum still remains open, but docent-led tours, talks by Holocaust survivors and Second Generation, audio wands, and Virtual Reality experience will not be available.
• The "Witness For My Father" book talk program scheduled for Sunday, March 15, at The Florida Holocaust Museum has been postponed. The museum still remains open. Visit the musem’s website and social media pages for updates.
• The Dr. Carter G. Woodson African American History Museum has postponed the following events previously scheduled for March and April:
– Saturday, March 28 — Curious Collector: Conversation Cafe
– Sunday, March 29 — The Florida Orchestra: Piano & Strings
– Saturday, April 4 — Book Signing with Wanda Lloyd
– Saturday, April 11 — Artwalk: Scholarship Auction
– Saturday, April, 25 — Curious Collector: Conversation Cafe
– Saturday, April 26 — First Ladies in African American History
The museum will remain open for regular museum hours, Tuesday through Friday, Noon-5 p.m.
• University of South Florida St. Petersburg has postponed any upcoming large events or crowds with more than 100 participants.
• The walkathon event for Southeastern Guide Dogs scheduled for March 21 in Straub Park has been replaced with a virtual walk. Virtual participants are encouraged to take a photo or video and tag Southeastern Guide Dogs on social media. The raffle drawing and fundraising incentive items for the different levels of donations will still be provided as planned.
• The Tampa Bay Women’s Expo has been rescheduled for Saturday, June 13, at the Coliseum, 535 Fourth Ave. N.
• The Artspring Exhibition and Annual Block Party events scheduled for March 27-29 have been canceled.
• A concert by the South Pasadena Community Band scheduled for Friday, March 20, has been canceled.
• The city of Tarpon Springs has canceled all special events and performances through the end of April. All organized activities at the Tarpon Springs Community Center, Craig Park Recreation Center, Rotary Field and Dorsett Park will be canceled. The Splash Park will be closed until further notice. All library programming has also been postponed.
• City Hall will only be open to the public from 8 a.m. to noon. Staff can take phone calls until 4:30 p.m. The Community Improvement Department can accept applications and plans via electronic submittal or at the drop-off box at City Hall.
• Treasure Bay Golf and Tennis facility will only be open from 8 a.m. to noon daily.
The city, in conjunction with its partner organizations, announced that the following events would be canceled:
- Treasure Islettes Fashion Show, March 21 (to be rescheduled)
- Sunset Beach Civic Association Yard Sale, March 21
- Isle of Palms Potluck, March 24
- Fire Department CPR Class, March 25
- American Legion Car Show, March 28
- Paradise Island Civic Association Yard Sale, March 28
- Paradise Island Civic Association Spring Mixer, April 2
- Gulf Beaches Rotary Easter Egg Hunt, April 11
- Treasure Island Art Guild monthly exchanges, meetings and classes
- TI Trips scheduled for March 25 and April 25
- The Treasure Island & Madeira Beach Chamber of Commerce Friday Market
- The Gulf Beaches Public Library remains open, but sponsored and non-sponsored programs suspended.
- The Tampa Bay Beaches Chamber of Commerce welcome centers are closed, and all events and meetings are on hold until March 30.
TAMPA BAY AREA
• F.R.I.E.N.D.S. – Down Syndrome West Florida has canceled all March events.
• The American Cancer Society has suspended all in-person events throughout the Tampa Bay area through March 31.