Clearwater man, woman arrested after stabbing on Dunedin Causeway

Javier Solis, left, and Lynette Kist

DUNEDIN —Pinellas County Sheriff’s deputies arrested two Clearwater residents May 19 in connection with a stabbing that occurred on the Dunedin Causeway, 62 Causeway Boulevard in Dunedin.

Deputies were called to the Dunedin Causeway for a report of a stabbing about 5:23 p.m. May 19. While deputies were responding to the causeway, they received information that the suspect left the causeway in a Ford F-150 truck.

Additional deputies located a truck leaving the area that matched the description of the suspect’s vehicle. Deputies initiated a traffic stop on the truck near the intersection of Tradewinds Drive and Bayshore Boulevard.

Deputies made contact with the driver of the truck, Javier Solis, 41, of Clearwater and the passenger, Lynette Kist, 48, of Clearwater.

Deputies on the causeway made contact with the victims, 54-year-old Dwayne Rouleau, 54, and his stepson Christopher Gourlay, 19, both of New Port Richey. Paramedics responded and treated Rouleau for multiple stab wounds.

Through the course of the investigation deputies learned that Solis and Kist were originally parked on the southwest causeway beach next to Rouleau and his family. Witnesses say at some point during the day, Solis and Kist had a verbal argument with Rouleau.

Deputies say Kist walked up behind Rouleau and placed him in a headlock. Rouleau’s stepson Gourlay witnessed the battery and pulled Kist away from Rouleau. Solis went to his truck and retrieved a knife before trying to pull Kist out of the way and accidentally cut Kist with the knife.

Witnesses told deputies that Solis then stabbed Rouleau multiple times in the torso and then battered Gourlay with his fists. Deputies say Solis and Kist then fled the scene in the Ford F-150 truck.

Deputies say before he was stopped, Kist threw the knife used in the stabbing out the passenger window of the truck into the Intracoastal Waterway.

Rouleau was transported to a local hospital for non-life-threatening injuries. Gourlay was treated at the scene for minor injuries. Kist was transported to a local hospital for non-life threatening injuries.

Deputies arrested Solis and transported him to the Pinellas County Jail without incident. He was charged with one count of aggravated battery with a deadly weapon, one count of battery and one count of tampering with physical evidence. Bail was set at $12,500.

Immediately after being released from the hospital, deputies arrested Kist and transported her to the Pinellas County Jail. She was charged with one count of battery and one count of tampering with physical evidence. Bail was set at $2,500.