PINELLAS PARK — Police announced April 16 that a woman shot repeatedly by her husband six days earlier has died.

Anna May Wittman, 42, was transported to Bayfront Health in St. Petersburg April 10. Her husband was later shot and killed by police.

Pinellas Park Police responded to what was reported as a verbal domestic dispute about 7:39 a.m. at Tampa Bay Imaging, 7800 66th St. N., Unit 106.

When officers arrived, they determined that David Eugene Wittman, 47, had forced his wife, Anna May Wittman, to leave the business and come out into the parking lot. Police say once he got his wife into the parking lot, he shot her multiple times and then fled.

Police found Mr. Wittman a few minutes later at the couple’s home on 80th Avenue North. Police say he was armed with a handgun. Officers also believed he might have multiple guns, including an AR 15-style rifle inside the home.

The SWAT Team along with the Crisis Negotiation Team responded to the home and negotiations with the man went on for more than 6 hours, in conditions described as “very dangerous, close proximity negotiations.”

Police say Wittman put his gun down multiple times while talking to officers, but would pick it back up a short time later.

About 2:33 p.m., officers tried to take the man into custody outside his home, but were unsuccessful. Police say Wittman then went back inside his home, armed himself with the handgun, and a “deadly force ensued.”

Shots were fired by two SWAT Team members killing Wittman. Police say no shots were fired at the officers.

Officer Joshua Pringle, 33, a nine-year veteran of Pinellas Park Police Department, and Officer Per Haugland, 36, a four-year veteran were placed on routine administrative leave with pay pending an investigation by the State Attorney’s Office.

Mrs. Wittman, an employee of Tampa Bay Imaging, was transported to Bayfront Medical Center, where she later died.

“This is not the outcome we were hoping for, but we are thankful that no additional members of our community and certainly none of our officers were injured during the incident,” police said in a statement.